Would you go from a B3030 to a B3200?

/ Would you go from a B3030 to a B3200? #1  

ka41

Silver Member
Tractor
2009 L5240HST
I have a 2005 B3030 that has around 475 hours on it. The only implement is a 60"mmm and grader box. I was thinking of going to a B3200 and getting a 60"mmm and FEL. I primarily use the tractor for cutting grass and grading a 600 ft long driveway and there have been times where I wished I had a FEL to move dirt, gravel, etc. There is nothing wrong with my B3030, just thinking of getting something different. I normally change every 10 years so this will be a little early. I know the 3030 is the top of the line for the B series, so will I miss anything by going to the 3200? I would like to have a had a little larger tractor but a mid pto is not offered and that is a must for me, along with turf tires. Any idea what my tractor is worth? For the B3200 with a 60" mmm and FEL, I've been quoted $19,600 and $19,850 plus taxes.

/ Would you go from a B3030 to a B3200? #2  
I have a 2005 B3030 that has around 475 hours on it. The only implement is a 60"mmm and grader box. I was thinking of going to a B3200 and getting a 60"mmm and FEL. I primarily use the tractor for cutting grass and grading a 600 ft long driveway and there have been times where I wished I had a FEL to move dirt, gravel, etc. There is nothing wrong with my B3030, just thinking of getting something different. I normally change every 10 years so this will be a little early. I know the 3030 is the top of the line for the B series, so will I miss anything by going to the 3200? I would like to have a had a little larger tractor but a mid pto is not offered and that is a must for me, along with turf tires. Any idea what my tractor is worth? For the B3200 with a 60" mmm and FEL, I've been quoted $19,600 and $19,850 plus taxes.
The biggest thing that I, having never owned a B3030 but owned a B3200 and L3240HST (the deluxe L) would miss would be the extendable arms for the 3ph. If you put the BB on and leave it on which you can do for counter weight for the FEL anyway then that won't be that big of a problem. You will also hear about the position control on the 3ph or lack there of. Some are going to say they wouldn't have a tractor with out position control but since you've had one and know how much you used it, you can decide that for yourself. I've had it on one tractor and it is nice but it's never a deciding factor for me. I mostly just drop whatever I have on my 3ph till it hits bottom and go and then raise it when I want to get it off bottom.
I trade often so I'm the voice in the wilderness that say "trade". A tractor without a FEL is, well, I'll not go there. When I bought my first one I got a FEL thinking it was a high priced wheelbarrow but can't imagine not having a FEL available now.
Of course you'll hear from those that keep cars, tractors, TVs, etc till they dissolve. They are good people, just strange to those of us that just hunt for a reason to trade. They will tell you to just buy a FEL for your B3030, they just don't and can't understand (us) well (me). As the old southern saying says "Bless their hearts".:) They just don't understand it's not just about money.

/ Would you go from a B3030 to a B3200? #3  
No way, no how and I am one of those people John warned you about, "bless his heart".:laughing:

/ Would you go from a B3030 to a B3200? #4  
If you are aware of the differences in the 2 models then it is just a matter of getting what you want. I consider a FEL a must on these tractors. The b3200 is a fine tractor and the only reason I would go to B3030 is to get the live pto which is something I would use but of course if you don't have it you learn to be without. You will not notice the power difference. If you are trading why not just trade to what you have except get the loader?:)

The 3030 has full hydrostatic steering which I consider to be better and I like the loader and control better on the b3200 so it is a real crap shoot as to what is important to you.

/ Would you go from a B3030 to a B3200? #5  
I've owned the B3200 TLB and it was a fine tractor and did everything well. Never had a 3030, but I believe the 3200 is a little physical larger then the 3030, I don't think you'll be disappointed if you make the change, good luck. Just for the record, I've owned a BX23TLB, a B3200 TLB and now a Grand L 3540 so you see as J.T. said Trade if it makes you happy.
DevilDog

/ Would you go from a B3030 to a B3200? #6  
No way, no how and I am one of those people John warned you about, "bless his heart".:laughing:

Me too!!! Bless his heart. If you do decide to trade just be sure to have them make the low idle right-****** the timing back to normal as they consider these tractors lawn mowers and mess the timing up to reduce the exhaust emmisions.

/ Would you go from a B3030 to a B3200? #7  
Can you not add a FEL to your 3030?

/ Would you go from a B3030 to a B3200? #8  
Me too!!! Bless his heart. If you do decide to trade just be sure to have them make the low idle right-****** the timing back to normal as they consider these tractors lawn mowers and mess the timing up to reduce the exhaust emmisions.

/ Would you go from a B3030 to a B3200? #9  
:laughing::laughing::laughing:Iknow, I know, position control.:D:D Course TripleR is a farmer and I'm just into home landscaping of a few hillside acres.
Can you not add a FEL to your 3030?
See, I told you!! These guys just don't want people to trade for something with that new feel and new smell!!!!:D:D Spend your money and trade. It may even be closer than you think on the trade.

/ Would you go from a B3030 to a B3200? #10  
Oops! I just realized I traded a B7800 FEL (kept 3 years) to a Grand L3240HST FEL and kept it for maybe 6 months and traded it to a B3200 FEL and was quite happier with the B3200 vs the L3240. Due to my hillside property and only five acres. The L3240 was Grand for level land and maybe more land but scary to me on my hillside and not enough land to enjoy the benefits of its larger size.
So, I guess I did trade a B3030 (it's bigger brother L3240) to a B3200 and was happy.
Different story though if I had TripleRs land and money.:laughing: