Would you use this pic in an advertisement?

/ Would you use this pic in an advertisement? #31  
I welded a 4" X 5' channel to the top edge of the bucket, notching it so as to incorporate the sides of the bucket, then welded the hooks to it. The load will have to rip the top of the bucket off, if it fails at all, and the loader is not that stout

/ Would you use this pic in an advertisement? #32  
In a way, you have to give them credit for showing the reality of what you might get. If you see one that looks like a piece of art in the ad and then you get one sent to you that looks like crap you might be much more upset.

/ Would you use this pic in an advertisement? #33  
I prefer the weld on hooks. Already broke a G43 3/8 hook on a chain with mine…

CE168F2B-6E40-4AE9-B411-FE25AE7C0E34.jpeg

/ Would you use this pic in an advertisement? #34  
Inconsistent bead size, substantial crater at the lower end of the weld, insufficient throat depth also at bottom. Will it break, maybe not, would I put my name on it...nope.
It looks like the welding on my USA fabricated King Kutter brush mower. So, it would pass in my book. None of those welds ever broke for the past 45 years, and it's taken a beating.

/ Would you use this pic in an advertisement? #35  
I prefer the weld on hooks. Already broke a G43 3/8 hook on a chain with mine…

View attachment 840454

Keeps one from wondering if the bolts are going to be strong enough and brings up a great point. The people that are going to buy a hook welded to a plate and then bolt that on, probably don't know enough about welding to critique.

/ Would you use this pic in an advertisement? #36  
My current tractor has hooks welded directly to the bucket by the dealer before I took delivery. On my previous tractor, I welded the hooks to a bucket length piece of 1/4” thick angle iron, then drilled and bolted the angle iron to the bucket edge. This strengthens the entire bucket edge. After 20 years of using that tractor and the hooks frequently, the bucket was completely straight.

Last edited:
   / Would you use this pic in an advertisement? #37  
I wonder how long your electrical powered extension and retraction cylinder will last?? They are not designed or sealed to run in a dust / dirt atmosphere.

It’s a trailer jack, I modified (the trunnions), it’s designed to be a couple feet behind a truck throwing road debris around, rain or shine.

My guess is a long time though, not sure when the last time I adjusted it was. The only reason it’s there is that I originally used it without a 3 point, so I couldn’t just raise and lower the attachment point, to change the blade height.

Last edited: