eBay/Craigslist wow- ****** out there

/ wow- ****** out there #51  
I'll play devils advocate here.

I negotiate for everything, I'm not afraid in any way to offer someone less than what they are asking. I did have a guy last month tell me I insulted him on an offer I made him for a used post hole digger, but that was the first time I ever got that attitude. For the most part it's just sorry can't sell it for that much or let me think about it, sometimes they call me back.

No reason for you to get upset, just tell him to check back in a week, after all the other interested parties have a chance to look at it. that will force him to crap or get off the pot. Make him aware he's competing with serious buyers.

I had a guy try low balling me on a super clean full size Chevy Blazer I had for sale. We were standing in the front yard and he was acting out his best poker play. Then another guy pulled in the driveway, I politely even encouragingly told the low baller that maybe if this other guy doesn't buy it we could talk. Before the other guy could get out of the car he reached in his pocket and pulled a wad of cash out, said he would pay the asking price. It was perfect timing :D

It would of been even better if was your brother or someone you know stopping buy to visit, not another buyer. :thumbsup:

/ wow- ****** out there #52  
ok weesa, you drive a hard bargain. I'll come up to $4000, not a penny more. :D

/ wow- ****** out there
ok weesa, you drive a hard bargain. I'll come up to $4000, not a penny more. :D

Only if I can GIVE you ALL the implements with the tractor for that price- let me buy the roto back for $1350 and I'll throw that in too...(obviously joking)

/ wow- ****** out there #54  
So here is my Cl post: Mf GC2300 with FEL & TB

And here are some pricing comparos: MASSEY-FERGUSON GC2300, Used MASSEY-FERGUSON GC2300, MASSEY-FERGUSON GC2300 For Sale At TractorHouse.com - Page 1

There are some lower hour for less money, but there are also alot of higher hour for more money examples. I also looked at the "Built My MF" section of the MF website:
https://agco.bigmachines.com/commerce/new_equipment/products/model_configs.jsp

which says $13679 for a new GC2400 w/ FEL and turfs.

Guy said dealer told him he could buy a new one for $10,500 and that mine was only worth $5k- dealer being a dealer, just wants to sell a new tractor- either that or he never even talked to a dealer.

If the implements do not help your deal, PM me a price on the remaining implements.
Edit: to be specific, the core aerator.

/ wow- ****** out there #55  
One never knows the total circumstances of a particular buyer or seller on CL. The seller may be in dire straits having purchased something he can't afford, and doesn't want to admit his folly. Or the buyer may be a "trader" that is only willing to buy if he knows that he can immediately double his money. It is likely there are a lot of both on CL.

If I'm buying, "this is what I'm willing to pay, and if you don't want to sell for that amount, it's ok. Someone else may want it more than I do."

If I'm selling, "this is what I'm asking, and if you don't want to buy for that amount, it's ok. Someone else may want it more than you do."

/ wow- ****** out there #56  
One never knows the total circumstances of a particular buyer or seller on CL. The seller may be in dire straits having purchased something he can't afford, and doesn't want to admit his folly. Or the buyer may be a "trader" that is only willing to buy if he knows that he can immediately double his money. It is likely there are a lot of both on CL.

If I'm buying, "this is what I'm willing to pay, and if you don't want to sell for that amount, it's ok. Someone else may want it more than I do."

If I'm selling, "this is what I'm asking, and if you don't want to buy for that amount, it's ok. Someone else may want it more than you do."

I feel for the guy in dire straits, but those traders just get under my skin. Someone could use the deal and save a bit so they don't end up in dire straits. But those traders buy all the deals and artificially inflate the price.

It's like house flippers. A lot of people buy houses and work really hard to improve them to sell at a good price. Those guys are good in my book. Then you have the second kind that popped up during the bubble and were a lot of the reason the bubble was there and popped. They would buy a pig, put lipstick on it and price it over the top. Then some Realtor would pull comps and see that all these houses were on the market at some outrageous price. All of a sudden the price for a house was crazy. The financial people had to pull all kinds of shady deals to get people into them, and then they all got caught with their pants down.

I buy a place to live in. If I wanted extra money, I would buy places to rehab or rent. If I need something off craigs list, I would buy it to use. If I were in the business of fixing stuff up, I would buy fix and possibly resell. To just buy and resell, that is just opportunistic.

/ wow- ****** out there #57  
Heres one that happened to me on CraigsList last week. Guy has a street bike advertised, $900.00 has not run in 6 years, low miles.( worth $3,000 give or take running) I email him, he call says your the first person to respond but i have 25 to 30 more emails. We discuss the bike, i ask when can i come look, i'll take it if it is as described. He says well let me call someother people first. I said i will be there with cash why call the other people. He says what if you dont take it. I said i will if he has been honest in his description. Well he say im going to see what time other people can come and get a group all at the same time. I ask are you looking to make this a bidding thing? he says no i would be happy with my 900."it wasnt in his best interest to show it to one person at a time" I just need to sell it quick. dont want to waste te day holding it for you and you dont take it. I said are you going to give me first shot to buy it then. He said no who ever gives me the cash gets it. WTF? Well how much quicker than you give me a time, i come with cash and its gone. I just told him i guess hes not interested in selling it and i was not going to waste my day. What an A-hole!

/ wow- ****** out there #58  
Actually, buying tree stumps isn't all that insane. Dump a few in a pond or reservoir and they make good structures for fish to hide out in. If they're not too contaminated with dirt and rocks, you can grind them into wood chips for burning, or mulch. Just don't pay an exorbitant price for the things.

Concerning old houses. It's been my experience that they do eat. They're property, and I don't know of any place that doesn't have a property tax of some kind. The sooner the building is gone, the sooner you can prove the property is now unimproved, and the sooner the taxes can go down.

For anyone who is going to buy or sell something, "Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In", by Roger Fisher and William Ury, should be mandatory reading. In fact, I'd recommend it be mandatory reading for all high school students. It talks about the most common kinds of negotiating gambits, both ethical and unethical; as well as countering strategies. EVERYTHING is negotiable, and the more you know, the better armed you are going into the competition.

/ wow- ****** out there #59  
If a buyer low-balled me but was otherwise pleasant, I'd just pleasantly decline the offer ... Why get all bothered by it? After all, it was just an offer. And why hang up on him - You probably just burned a bridge. That guy might have wised up & come back to buy at your price after learning more, or changing his mind, or whatever. Once you hang up him, you've increased the chance that he won't come back just because he knows he ticked you off.

/ wow- ****** out there #60  
I will low-ball a guy for something I barely need, but I tell him up front that my offer is the "floor" and he should be able to do better, but should he be unable to do better, or is in a hurry, my offer is available.