eBay/Craigslist wow- ****** out there

/ wow- ****** out there #41  
Forgot to mention another reason I like phone #'s better

When buying something, I like to search all of c-list for that #. It gives me a better Idea of what kind of stuff the person is selling. Who knows, maybe I may be interested in other things and I can kill two birds with one stone.

And wehn selling, most guys that buy off c-list, also sell off c-list. So I let all my calls go to voicemail. If it is a call pertaining to a c-list ad, I will again serch that number. This also gives me an Idea of the type of person, and who knows, maybe we can work out a trade.:thumbsup:

/ wow- ****** out there #42  
AHHH, So YOUR the one:D

I am surprised you don't get any spam from the e-mail?

I must ask though, are you giving your ACTUAL e-mail in the body of the ad, of are you letting c-list do their whole e-mail thing that gets re-directed to your e-mail??...
Ok, the e-mails that even sound like they are "phishing" This item still for sale? I ignore those, I guess they are spam. I don't like to talk to people... even on the phone :ashamed:

/ wow- ****** out there #43  
Ok, the e-mails that even sound like they are "phishing" This item still for sale? I ignore those, I guess they are spam. I don't like to talk to people... even on the phone :ashamed:

Yep, those are the ones.

Like when they ask if it is still for sale 5 minutes after you listed it:confused2:

/ wow- ****** out there #44  
I take Craigslist with a grain of salt...

I don't mind people making offers... even ridiculous ones.

What I do mind is no-shows and it has become a real problem with Craigslist people.

The other side, I waste time as a buyer calling on an ad only to hear the message box is full or making an appointment and the item is sold or no one is there.

I hope to never be in the position of having buyer's remorse... I have bought things on occasion that I never intended too because the price was too good to walk away and these deals always turned out OK...

I went with a friend to look at a trailer someone was selling... my friend decided it was too light for his needs... the seller was very nice and as we were leaving... he mentioned he really needed to sell it and would through in the equipment in the garage if we bought the trailer now... otherwise, he was looking at towing it all to Idaho where he was moving...

The point is every one's situation is different... just wish CL wouldn't attract so many flakes...

/ wow- ****** out there #45  
1 year ago I purchased my GC2400 with FEL, 60 inch deck, and turf tires.

Price was 13,750.00

I priced used machines, and they were within 2,000 dolars of new. One was a JD........10 years old with 500 hours.

I thought..........2,000 dollars more, with full warranty.........and myself being the only owner(thus knowing how the machine was used/serviced), that I would be a fool to buy used at those prices.

No offense, but if you really want to sell that machine...........you gotta rethink the price.

I purchased mine with the thought.......................I will hand this down to my son someday, and if he don't screw it up...................his son will have a nice toy also.

/ wow- ****** out there #46  
jbooth said:
When I get a low ball bid, I just counter with a price higher than my original offer. When the bidder asks why the price is rising, I just tell them I thought you wanted to negoiate.

Now that's good!! Lmao

/ wow- ****** out there #47  
And since we are kinda on the topic of c-list,

A few things that I HATE when people do on c-list:

First, I dont understand why some people refuse to give a phone #. Or want you to e-mail for a phone #. It wastes too much time IMO, and sometimes, even if I am interested in the item, I wont bother if you cant list a phone #.

I'm the opposite. I got tired of listing my phone number, because my phone would ring every five minutes it seemed like with people just kicking tires. When I tried to get them to come out and look at the item, they weren't interested anymore. Between that and getting drunk dialed, I quit listing a number. I'd rather have a discussion via phone over email, but most of all I'd like you to look at the item and we'll deal in person. Only takes a minute to send an email asking for a phone number, or to send me yours, and it saves me a lot of time wasted on the phone with tire kickers.

/ wow- ****** out there #48  
If you are selling do your research so you know what similar items are selling for, set your price there and stick to it. I had a Honda 50 for sale, 5 years old but with maybe 10 hours on it. I priced it at the high end of what I saw others selling for on CL. The first buyer looked at it and offered me 2/3 of what I was asking, cash. I told him I had priced the bike fairly, the price was firm and if he could find another at a better price he should buy it. He was back 2 days later and paid what I was asking.

/ wow- ****** out there #49  
I had a house for free as there must be moved in one piece by a mover. I got alot of chewings from folks wanting just he lumber. Even got hate calls becauseIwasgoingtorid the world of a historic home that was in my way.

Ive had folks come haggle with me and I ll dropp the price on some things but not others. I have had folks say it wont sell for that, I told them it doenst eat anything so I dont care. I keep a truck and equipment trader handy to show equipment and truck prices.

/ wow- ****** out there
Update: So i understand the basics of buying and selling- what bothers me is that I CLEARLY stated in the add that don't HAVE to sell it and I'm not looking to give it away- I think that pretty much means I'm not going to take a low ball offer.

Even if it is close to new price, it is about supply and demand- I search my local craigslist several times a week for the past several years and have NEVER seen another GC2300 for sale- no one sells them. If dealers have them they are going to be close to the same price plus tax and they usually tag on some silly fees.

I sold my First Choice Tiller today for $1200 and the guy didn't even hardly try to negotiate so I think my pricing is pretty fair for this area and market- only one dealer near the city and he is a very expensive JD dealer.