WR Long electrohydro valve??

/ WR Long electrohydro valve?? #1  

jgrreed

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 4720
Hi,

Does anyone out there run the WR long electrohydraulic valve (EHV) kit (the one with the horizontal toggle, not the diverter with the button on the top)???

I'd like to add one and I'm just wondering a few things. I'm also going to add the JD diverter switch to move flow from the loader circuit to the back of the tractor.

1. Where does the EHV get it's flow from??

2. Would it be possible to add a diverter to the system to select flow controlled by the WR Long toggle valve to go to the back of the tractor rather than the grapple circuit??

Why so many SCV's you ask??

I'd like to be able to control T n' T, as well as custom fab an angling kit on by back blade and landscape rake.

Thanks,

-Jer.

/ WR Long electrohydro valve?? #2  
1. Where does the EHV get it's flow from??
Well, it gets fed from the powerbeyond circuit, which on the JD's is at SCV mounted to the tranny case. These valves are more common on tractors that have the FEL valve mounted on the loader mast because the line are super easy to tap into.

2. Would it be possible to add a diverter to the system to select flow controlled by the WR Long toggle valve to go to the back of the tractor rather than the grapple circuit??
Yes, you could use a manual($75) or electric($150) to do this...but that is a LOT of hoses and fittings running everywhere!

I think, if I where you and needed/wanted all that...then I would use the powerbeyond loop and a new joystick valve mounted on your fender or ROPS to control the TnT, and use your existing remote to power the rake angling or the new grapple you really want to buy;)

/ WR Long electrohydro valve??
I think, if I where you and needed/wanted all that...then I would use the powerbeyond loop and a new joystick valve mounted on your fender or ROPS to control the TnT, and use your existing remote to power the rake angling or the new grapple you really want to buy;)

Good idea, then all controls are available all the time, rather than have to switch back and forth.

Any ideas on how to make it a 'factory' looking and feeling install??

-Jer.

/ WR Long electrohydro valve?? #4  
Not sure-how "crafty" are you with metal?
HERE is a link tho the valve I would use, so you would have to see how you could mount it.

I just priced the JD diverter kit - 1900$ CDN. OUCH!!!

-Jer.

Not sure-how "crafty" are you with metal?
HERE is a link tho the valve I would use, so you would have to see how you could mount it.

That would require a fair bit of "crafty-ness". I dunno how much room there is under there to add another valve block. Sounds like a big project.....

-Jer.

/ WR Long electrohydro valve?? #7  
I just priced the JD diverter kit - 1900$ CDN. OUCH!!!

-Jer.

Yes, the JD diverter kit is A LOT of coin for sure...I think the joystick is the best solution. It could be mounted right on the ROPS.