Wrench for removing Kubota water separator

/ Wrench for removing Kubota water separator #1  

BufordBoone

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 & M7060
2018 M7060 - In replacing the fuel filter and cleaning the water separator, I noticed things are "tight". Not a lot of room to move around. I was able to get the (spin on) fuel filter changed by using a standard "Band" filter wrench.

I was unable to get the water separator unscrewed. Couldn't get a purchase on it.

I tried a pair of channel locks but was afraid I'd damage the plastic.

Any suggestions for the proper wrench to purchase to get that separator body unscrewed?

Also, although the std. filter wrench worked on the fuel filter, any better recommendations?

Thanks.

/ Wrench for removing Kubota water separator #2  
I've always used channel locks or a strap type wrench with a soft rubber strap. A chain wrench is also a good choice to try.
The plastic bowl on my aftermarket sediment filter comes off easy enough with the rubber strap wrench stretched tight, and a hard rap.

/ Wrench for removing Kubota water separator #4  
I use this one:

I line it with friction tape to better grip the plastic and minimize the chance of damage.

Depending on the model, this one may also fit:

/ Wrench for removing Kubota water separator
I use this one:

I line it with friction tape to better grip the plastic and minimize the chance of damage.

Depending on the model, this one may also fit:

Thanks. I have similar but the area is too tight for it with all the hoses, etc. from the loader.

Just a very tight area.

I'll look at the above recommendations and something will work out.

Thanks, to all that have given suggestions. I love this place.