X-treme Duty Extended Tooth Bar - Valentines Day Present for my Tractor

/ X-treme Duty Extended Tooth Bar - Valentines Day Present for my Tractor #11  
Don't know if I missed it but, what the price tag on that tooth bar?

/ X-treme Duty Extended Tooth Bar - Valentines Day Present for my Tractor
$615 plus tax so $651 for the 84" i Checked with EA but they were at like $690 with shipping they are very friendly to deal with and said they can usually be cheaper than local dealers on stuff thats in the couple thousand dollar price range but its harder on on the lower priced items when competing against dealers with good prices.
I would guess based on EA's website and the price i got that a 72" would probably be about $520 or so if i had priced it out at my dealer
Construction Attachments XTreme Duty Bolt on Tooth Bar for Tractor Loader and Skid Steer Loader Buckets This not a link to the extended tooth models they do not list them on their site

/ X-treme Duty Extended Tooth Bar - Valentines Day Present for my Tractor #13  
I'll be sure to follow up when i get to actually get to put it to work. I'm sure there will be some interested i should have put in the tittle "tooth bar for Bolt on cutting edge" I found several post that go back to 2000 with people looking for something like this. A couple people found a woods bar but nearest i can tell they no longer sell them. A few others modified New Holland tooth bars and one guy made his own. Most debated actually taking the replaceable edge off.

Thanks for posting this. I also have a HD bucket with a removable cutting edge and have been searching for a Tooth bar. I was beginning to gather steel and looking for parts to build my own. The price seems high until you begin to price it out. Those teeth are expensive. Can you post the number that is cast in them for me. I just want to see if it is the same ones I found during my research.

BTW newbie here!! Been lurking for awhile, just purchased a new Kubota L4600 with a HD bucket.

/ X-treme Duty Extended Tooth Bar - Valentines Day Present for my Tractor #14  
You got your tractor that for Valentines Day?:drool:
I would hate to see what it gets for its birthday or Christmas.:laughing:

/ X-treme Duty Extended Tooth Bar - Valentines Day Present for my Tractor #15  
$615 plus tax so $651 for the 84" i Checked with EA but they were at like $690 with shipping they are very friendly to deal with and said they can usually be cheaper than local dealers on stuff thats in the couple thousand dollar price range but its harder on on the lower priced items when competing against dealers with good prices.
I would guess based on EA's website and the price i got that a 72" would probably be about $520 or so if i had priced it out at my dealer
Construction Attachments XTreme Duty Bolt on Tooth Bar for Tractor Loader and Skid Steer Loader Buckets This not a link to the extended tooth models they do not list them on their site

I paid about $311 + tax about a year ago for a W.R. Long 72" tooth bar that has similar design about a year ago. That's quite a variance in price.

Thanks for posting this. I also have a HD bucket with a removable cutting edge and have been searching for a Tooth bar. I was beginning to gather steel and looking for parts to build my own. The price seems high until you begin to price it out. Those teeth are expensive. Can you post the number that is cast in them for me. I just want to see if it is the same ones I found during my research.

BTW newbie here!! Been lurking for awhile, just purchased a new Kubota L4600 with a HD bucket.

Welcome to the forum, I'll walk to the barn and check out the numbers, I'll get back with you. I saw the numbers in the castings when i was installing it.

You got your tractor that for Valentines Day?:drool:
I would hate to see what it gets for its birthday or Christmas.:laughing:

Good one Roger, I'd like to get it a a nice Bradco Backhoe or a Valby LC900 9" chipper for Christmas The tractors Birthday was just before Christmas as it was my Wife's Christmas gift to me.

I paid about $311 + tax about a year ago for a W.R. Long 72" tooth bar that has similar design about a year ago. That's quite a variance in price.
Do you have a Bolt on Cutting edge on your bucket, and could you supply pictures if you do i think others on the forum would find it useful. Because If W.R. Long actually makes a Tooth bar designed to work with a replaceable cutting edge they don't advertise it in words or pictures. I looked at their site before buying the CA Bar. All their pictures show the horizontal support beam to close to the leading edge of the bucket to allow a place for the bolts for the replaceable cutting edge. the following picture was found at W.R.Long the 4N1 Bucket People
TB W200.jpg
When looking at tooth bars there are several duty ratings even from W.R. Long They have FTB up to 1500 lbs, TB up to 3500lbs, STB up to 3500 lbs and ITB 3500 - 6500 lbs
The TB84 Model weights 78 lbs $445 at construction Attachments. STB Model weighs 153 lbs and list for $585 ITB weights 166 lbs and list for $666.60
If you look at how CA rates the Extreme duty it is suitable for machines with over 3500 lbs lift capacity. I'm guessing it can weigh slightly less than the WR. Long and still have this ratting because the shanks mounting point has a significantly longer moment arm on the side with the Horizontal support thus minimizing the load on the bar itself.

In my case i would rather have something rated up over 3000 lbs as my loader is rated for Just shy of 3000 lbs to full height.

Looks like H D415651 I looked at several of the teeth I'm not sure if they all had the H in the front but they all appeared to have D415651
20130217_122829_759-vi.jpg

/ X-treme Duty Extended Tooth Bar - Valentines Day Present for my Tractor #19  
http://www.fabco-inc.com/pdfs/fabco_complete_catalog.pdf
did a little more digging they are fabco 23 series D415651 each shank weighs 9 lbs and the teeth are over 2 lbs they are Style A teeth not sure of the flavor though

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the Fabco shanks when I was looking to build my own. I did notice in the picture that the cutting edge doesn't fit all the way into tooth shank. This is the same problem I was having when looking for the weld on shanks, They were either to short or too long or the angle was just wrong due to the removable edge.

If they would fit tight I think they would take some of the load off the shank and bar they are welded to. Berlon makes a bar that is adjustable and tightens the V in the shank up to the cutting edge. Berlon: Bolt on Tooth Bar Over Bolt on Cutting Edge. I see the rest of the shank fits good and flat on the top of the bucket but what about the bottom?

I have been accused of over engineering things as well as trying to build a piano when simple box will do.

Last edited:
No problem,
I would not really be concerned if the edge does not fit all the way into the shank, even if it did fit brand new as the edge wears this would no longer be the case.
3 of the 10 teeth have contact that looks like the photo below. A nice Snug Fit with with solid contact on both the bottom and top of the edge. 3 of the teeth have a about a 1/16" clearance between the shank and bottom of the edge. The shank pictured in the previous post is one that has a small gap but the letters in the casting were among the clearest of all the shanks. I'm okay with this slight bit of manufacturing variation i don't believe it will cause any problems grated the horizontal support bar will see some additional bending stress. The Berlon bar looks well made but do they custom build bars the adjuster would guarantee that the edge could never pull off if the the side bolts come loose i wonder how many people have had that problem. I could not find the exact shanks online but from what i did find was a similar smaller version of the same shank for a cutting edge that was thinner and it was $18 plus $10-12 for the teeth. If i were to have built this bar myself it would have cost me $350 -$400 by the time you add freight or tax for the teeth & shanks alone plus the rest of the material I think the $651 out the door was a fair price.

20130217_173435_411-vi.jpg

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the Fabco shanks when I was looking to build my own. I did notice in the picture that the cutting edge doesn't fit all the way into tooth shank. This is the same problem I was having when looking for the weld on shanks, They were either to short or too long or the angle was just wrong due to the removable edge.

If they would fit tight I think they would take some of the load off the shank and bar they are welded to. Berlon makes a bar that is adjustable and tightens the V in the shank up to the cutting edge. Berlon: Bolt on Tooth Bar Over Bolt on Cutting Edge. I see the rest of the shank fits good and flat on the top of the bucket but what about the bottom?

I have been accused of over engineering things as well as trying to build a piano when simple box will do.