X300 42" Mower Blades

/ X300 42" Mower Blades #11  
Donly,
I'll check,today, the RIO plug under the dash for the color code/wire ID numbers of the two wires connected with the 2.5" jumper wire mentioned. I guess, I should record RIO bypass information for later use.

/ X300 42" Mower Blades #12  
JD X300 Reverse PTO override switch operational modification:

(1) Open hood
(2) Unplug wiring connector/PTO-RIP switch {under dash}
(3) Examine closely and locate: Gray 370B and Green 301 wires.
(4) Using about 2" insulated wire,you provide, remove 3/16" insulation from both ends.
(5) Insert 2" jumper wire to bottom of wire connector. Insert jump: 370B Gray to 301 Green.
DO NOT CUT ANY HARNESS WIRING. May void JD warranty!!!

I did not solder my connections. Jumper easily removed when future JD warranty service work is needed.

(6) Zip-tie{you supply} jumper wire securely to wiring harness.
(7) Reconnect wire harness to PTO-RIP switch and close hood.
DONE!!!
Happy reverse mowing!!!

/ X300 42" Mower Blades
Thank you. That's good information to have and I appreciate your efforts.

/ X300 42" Mower Blades #15  
Thanks for posting this, I was about to investigate if this was possible.
Congrat's with your new JD x300 addition!

I ordered the 42"M dedicated mulch deck with my x300. (no discharge opening)
Walked from the sales area into the parts dept. to buy mower blades. Counter parts guy informs me the 42M deck blade set has a left blade and right blade. The blades are stamped with the word left or right on the bottom side of the blade. I was thinking, just one more thing I can goof-up by installing the mower blades reversed. LOL!

FYI: I modified my X300 to mow in reverse without lifting and holding the RIO lever. requires only 2.5" insulated wire and 1 wire tie. The modification is easy to remove if I were to need JD warranty or service work performed. The modification is added at the electrical wiring plug for the RIO switch.

MY wife hates the RIO switch pull and hold,to cut in reverse, feature! She would backup and forget to pull the RIO to mow in reverse. The cell phone rang, the wife said. "Fix this (@#%&) mower." The old JD STX38 didn't have the RIO reverse mowing feature. Anyway, the wife's now happy with "her new mower". Life is good!

/ X300 42" Mower Blades #17  
I have an X300 with mulch plug and after a couple mowings I replaced the blades with Gatter type that I bought from Dealer and no longer use the mulch plug as the clippings are chopped so fine I think they are better than mulching. Two blades were $31.00

/ X300 42" Mower Blades #18  
Took me awhile to find this thread but I needed to redo this since I guess the JD dealer undid it.

/ X300 42" Mower Blades #19  
I have an X300 42” and my p/n for blades is AM137327, but I bought a new set this year and the p/n had changed. I do know if you buy cheap blades, they will not last. I get a good 4 years with JD blades.

I also stopped the RIO by just unbolting the switch from underneath the reverse pedal and zip tied it to the frame out of the way. No messing with wires at all. Just move the switch away from the pedal. I stopped the seat switch from working and the parking brake too. All those safety options are to prevent stupid people from getting hurt and also so JD won’t get sued.

/ X300 42" Mower Blades #20  
Personally, I get that the Deere MIR is clucky to use. It could be much better. Seat switches though, are not for stupid people. That switch can save you. I know a lady who cut 2 of her toes off because her boyfriend disabled the switch. It could have been much worse. She wasn't a dummy either. That switch can save your life or anyone else that may mow. All it takes is a distraction or your mind not being fully present for a split second. If you aren't smart enough to set a parking brake and shut the deck off before getting off a tractor so you can leave the precious thing run...