X758 Deck leveling problems solved

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #11  
Deere had a design flaw and issued a Product Improvement Program to fix this issue. Ask your dealer service manager to look up PIP 14MX241. This fixed my dads and my neighbors X730s. There is another guy down the road with an X739 that looks like it needs the same update. His yard looks terrible every time he mows.

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #12  
   / X758 Deck leveling problems solved #13  
Those black things with the hooks that holds the leveling bolt heads aren't in alignment.

hangers.jpg

The two-pointed arrow shows two holes that I bet are the same from one side of the frame to the other. The red lines show how one hook-shaped-thing is about aligned with the bottom of the hole, while the other appears to be aligned 1/2-3/4 inch lower.

I would say the shaft they fit on has been twisted, or the hooks aren't clamped on parallel.

Bruce

Last edited:
   / X758 Deck leveling problems solved #14  
bcp
I think you nailed it !! ;)

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #15  
thanks for the number. My 2014 x758 has the same issue. Mine went in for warranty work this spring and dealer said it was fixed but it wasn't. I will have to stop by the dealer with the number.

definitely sounds like a manufacturing defect.

my seat rails were seized so I couldn't check the transmission oil. I bought mine used, one year old with 250 hrs. I assumed the guy who drove it before was huge and hammered the crap out of the seat rails and used the mower as a step and twisted the rockshaft.

glad to hear others are having the issue and there is hope that I will get mine fixed under warranty.

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #16  
Someone by the name of "roostershooter" has had the same problem before, on a different forum.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/12-john-deere-forum/881217-x750-deck-leveling-cam-out-adjustment.html

If that link isn't allowed on TBN, then google "JD PIP 14MX241" and the "mytractor forum" will come up. At least did for me.

If the same "roostershooter" as here, I'm puzzled this problem isn't fixed after two years. What's up??

That's me. Different issue and part, was in Sept. of last year. Tractor now at dealer. Tech said he would replace rockshaft and any other needed parts, all under warranty.:cool2: But before I went to the dealer I called John Deere Customer Service, asked about PIP for my unit. Answer....We're not showing anything for that model.:shocked: Maybe they just don't volunteer that kind of info.

Last edited:
   / X758 Deck leveling problems solved #17  
Those black things with the hooks that holds the leveling bolt heads aren't in alignment.

View attachment 476586

The two-pointed arrow shows two holes that I bet are the same from one side of the frame to the other. The red lines show how one hook-shaped-thing is about aligned with the bottom of the hole, while the other appears to be aligned 1/2-3/4 inch lower.

I would say the shaft they fit on has been twisted, or the hooks aren't clamped on parallel.

Bruce

I took pictures and used a ruler for reference. Showed that to the tech.

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #18  
from the limited info I could find, the PIP seems to be about bushings but the problem we are having is the actual rockshaft is twisted. Or manufactured incorrectly. the brackets have square holes that engage square ends machined into the rockshaft. my guess is deere has a few parts that made it out with the square on the ends of the shaft not aligned properly but that issue should have been caught at assembly not in the field.

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #19  
It's been a while since I've talked to my dealer contact. I believe the PIP had an A, B, and C repair depending on what they find. I could be all wrong about this part, but I do know others have had the same issue you are describing. My neighbor had the rockshaft and lift arms out of position like your picture. They fixed that but the level adjustment was still so far out of whack we couldn't get it level. Back to the dealer, new bushings the second time. On the second trip is when I told him to ask about the PIP and then the dealer acted different and got it all taken care of. I got the impression they thought my neighbor was just whining.

/ X758 Deck leveling problems solved #20  
Bruce

Saw that myself & thought it was strange & not really knowledgeable enough to comment, thanks for taking the time to show that.

Ronnie