XC drag build

/ XC drag build
-snip- It seems to have good snow engaging points to rip up the hard pack and also the weight to make those points do what they are designed to do. Its hard to tell by the pictures, so correct me if I am wrong, but the only issue that I could see being a problem in these conditions is the snow engagement points are not/can not be adjusted to extend below the level of the skids.
All teeth including harrow ones, can be brought down well below the drags shoes, or the bottom of the frame. In the case of the harrow springs, they'll just bend backwards but they'll still be scratching the surface much. For the cutting teeth, if you keep pushing them down, the actuator will simply lift the drag frame right off the snow. You may have noted the tooth frame has a weight peg so I'd be adding bar-bell weights to it, if trying to cut into hard a surface. This does require HP to do and the reason I'd not purchase another work sled. This is not the 1st drag I've constructed so we've got much experience with scratching of hard snow. Hope that helps

/ XC drag build #162  
Arly, have you ever tried, or thought about a flail mower….. wonder if it would work like a tiller? Help break up the hard snow.

/ XC drag build
Arly, have you ever tried, or thought about a flail mower….. wonder if it would work like a tiller? Help break up the hard snow.
No. Since I've used and worked on tillers before, they are a different animal..

/ XC drag build
This is how groomzila looks today. :LOL:
P1040266.jpg
P1040268.jpg

/ XC drag build #165  
Very nice. Love the linear actuators.

/ XC drag build #166  
You have a lot of experience building and using groomers, so my guess this one is where you want it.

That said, would adding a blade across the frame (about 2" higher than the front scarifiers) have some utility to spread the snow laterally and add some useful weight?

Again, that is a pretty slick. (y)
1644461380752.png

/ XC drag build
Gee guys, I thought we'd get groomzilla on the trails today for a test run but the Boss started to miss and needs to go to the hospital. :(

/ XC drag build #169  
For a minute there, I thought you were talking about your wife.

/ XC drag build #170  
Any updates, or videos in use?