XJ2025 with a floppy bucket

/ XJ2025 with a floppy bucket #1  

Annihilator26

Tractor
LS/XJ2025H
So, I just got a new XJ2025. IMG_2154.JPG
The tractor is great and I have already used it to haul out 500lbs of scrap metal which means it has gone $20 towards paying for itself in the first weekend.

Unfortunately...

One problem I noticed with the front end loader is that there is a lot of slop in the curl cylinder if it sits for more than 1-2 minutes. This makes back dragging very difficult. You can see what I mean here: [video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwc9aukja8dnjjc/IMG_2148.MOV?dl=0[/video] This video is me just raising and lowering the beam. The bucket flex is all on its own.

That means that after just a few days I have already sent it back to the dealer to get checked out. Now the good news: LS is aware of an issue where some of the loaders leak air. They have a fix, but are just working on sending out the kits. The dealer confirmed that mine is worse than most, but that the same fix should take care of it as soon as they can get the parts. Until them I am welcome to use it in its current state.

The issue is actually interesting because the curl is still strong, and I can pick up the front of the tractor by curling the bucket down. It also has full strength as soon as you tap the controls, but if you let it sit, even for a minute it gets very floppy. Has anyone else seen this issue and had a fix installed?

/ XJ2025 with a floppy bucket #2  
Interesting. Ours is always responsive in my uses. I'll pay closer attention. Keep us in the loop.

/ XJ2025 with a floppy bucket #3  
Good afternoon, I to own a xj2025 but am not 100% sure I understand the issue, so your saying in that video your just raising and lowering the loader arms and not even hitting the bucket curl lever, and in turn the bucket is rolling back and forth that much, if thats the case, i'll have to check mine

/ XJ2025 with a floppy bucket
Yes. That is how much the bucket curls when I just raise the loader arms and then set it back on the ground. I noticed but didn't think much of it until I tried to do some back dragging and it was almost like the curl cylinder was floating.
Good afternoon, I to own a xj2025 but am not 100% sure I understand the issue, so your saying in that video your just raising and lowering the loader arms and not even hitting the bucket curl lever, and in turn the bucket is rolling back and forth that much, if thats the case, i'll have to check mine

/ XJ2025 with a floppy bucket #6  
Many of us (and not just LS owners) had the bucket flop problem. At that time dealers couldn't give us an answer to fix. I followed another members advice and installed an adjustable flow restrictor in the curl hyd. line. Do a search for bucket flop (google custom search) at top right of page to view our posts.

/ XJ2025 with a floppy bucket #7  
I used my bucket to back drag a pile of dirt a couple weeks ago and I don't remember having this issue. Last night I put my bucket on and tipped the bucket down and waited a few minutes, lowered the loader and it picked up the front of the tractor. The bucket only slightly curled, maybe 1/2" - 1" or so. I then raised the loader, turned off the tractor went into the house for a bit. Came back out 5 -10 minutes later and fired it up and lowered the loader and it still picked up the front of the tractor with the same 1/2" - 1" amount of curl. Went back in the house and ate dinner came back out and performed the test again and it was floppy... very interesting...

/ XJ2025 with a floppy bucket #9  
It acts like it has a float! Hope they get that fixed for you. LS seems to be trying hard to keep customers happy. They address problems and don't try to hide the from what I have seen.

/ XJ2025 with a floppy bucket
I have been very happy with the tractor other than this annoyance. Knowing that just tapping the lever to get the bucket to firm up helps a lot. Hopefully my dealer will get the fix from LS soon. I promise to provide some feedback as soon as possible.

George's suggestion about the google custom search also helped me find a few other threads about this from early 2016, so it seems like a known issue. For now I will just back drag with the back of my bucket or tap the curl when it loosens up.