XJ2025

HP942

Tractor
John Deere 1050
I’ve been looking at all colors of tractors to replace my aging JD1050. I have seen the 225 series tractors in person and know the physical size. I have ran across an XJ2025 that seems pretty good by the specs. Who has one that has a photo with a person standing next to it or parked next to a vehicle for a visual reference? I’m wanting to go to a smaller tractor and use a mid mount mower, but don’t want to sacrifice lifting FEL lifting capacity. My old JD will lift a little over 900 to full height. How strong are these little guys? Is the MT225s series the newer version of the XJ2025

Anyone mowing with a mid mount mower? It’s not a zero turn, but how does it do? I only mow about an acre. TIA.

tomplum

Veteran Member
Tractor
XJ2025H
Regarding lifting, here's some testing I did earlier on: Loader - XJ2025H Loader w/ forks question
Also, a member who's been off the radar has some good videos of his XJ. here is one on lifting:
In short, it has been a good tractor for us. If you do lots of heavy lifting, it may be best to go up the food chain. It works for us as I just stack the goods on the pallet near the inside to not stress the machine.

OP
H

HP942

Tractor
John Deere 1050
Most of my lifting is logs when I cut firewood and I stack it on pallets. I rarely fill a pallet up too much my old JD won’t lift. I‘m thinking the XJ might be ok, the specs show it around 1300 if I recall, of course taking account for fork weight.

tomplum

Veteran Member
Tractor
XJ2025H
The problem here is that my forks weigh 300#. Jimerig made his own which are lighter. My tractor won't lift a pallet of wood if it is stacked across the pallet. A couple of rows on the inside stacked up yes. On my rear deck, I have a place to set the firewood. My goal is to recut some IBC totes, kind of like this idea ~2/3 of a pallet.
firewood_IBC.jpg
stolen from TBN. My apologies on not supplying the credit to the member. Maybe someone can chime in.

Williy

Silver Member
Tractor
waiting for YT 235C
If you have a Yanmar dealer in your area you might check out these
tractors:

Before you buy a tractor make sure you test drive one so you can
get a better feel for how it fits you and for you needs

willy

Last edited: