XJ2025

/ XJ2025 #1  

HP942

Silver Member
Tractor
LS XJ2025H
I’ve been looking at all colors of tractors to replace my aging JD1050. I have seen the 225 series tractors in person and know the physical size. I have ran across an XJ2025 that seems pretty good by the specs. Who has one that has a photo with a person standing next to it or parked next to a vehicle for a visual reference? I’m wanting to go to a smaller tractor and use a mid mount mower, but don’t want to sacrifice lifting FEL lifting capacity. My old JD will lift a little over 900 to full height. How strong are these little guys? Is the MT225s series the newer version of the XJ2025

Anyone mowing with a mid mount mower? It’s not a zero turn, but how does it do? I only mow about an acre. TIA.

/ XJ2025 #2  
Regarding lifting, here's some testing I did earlier on: Loader - XJ2025H Loader w/ forks question
Also, a member who's been off the radar has some good videos of his XJ. here is one on lifting:
In short, it has been a good tractor for us. If you do lots of heavy lifting, it may be best to go up the food chain. It works for us as I just stack the goods on the pallet near the inside to not stress the machine.

/ XJ2025
Most of my lifting is logs when I cut firewood and I stack it on pallets. I rarely fill a pallet up too much my old JD won’t lift. I‘m thinking the XJ might be ok, the specs show it around 1300 if I recall, of course taking account for fork weight.

/ XJ2025 #4  
The problem here is that my forks weigh 300#. Jimerig made his own which are lighter. My tractor won't lift a pallet of wood if it is stacked across the pallet. A couple of rows on the inside stacked up yes. On my rear deck, I have a place to set the firewood. My goal is to recut some IBC totes, kind of like this idea ~2/3 of a pallet.
firewood_IBC.jpg
stolen from TBN. My apologies on not supplying the credit to the member. Maybe someone can chime in.

/ XJ2025 #5  
If you have a Yanmar dealer in your area you might check out these
tractors:

Before you buy a tractor make sure you test drive one so you can
get a better feel for how it fits you and for you needs

willy

Last edited:
   / XJ2025 #6  
I’ve been looking at all colors of tractors to replace my aging JD1050. I have seen the 225 series tractors in person and know the physical size. I have ran across an XJ2025 that seems pretty good by the specs. Who has one that has a photo with a person standing next to it or parked next to a vehicle for a visual reference? I’m wanting to go to a smaller tractor and use a mid mount mower, but don’t want to sacrifice lifting FEL lifting capacity. My old JD will lift a little over 900 to full height. How strong are these little guys? Is the MT225s series the newer version of the XJ2025

Anyone mowing with a mid mount mower? It’s not a zero turn, but how does it do? I only mow about an acre. TIA.
I think my dealer said it was. I was going to buy something else in the 25 hp range and he suggested that the 225s was a new, superior designed machine...he was absolutely right. Yanmar 3 cyl IDI engine, 3 range turbo is super with no whine. Engine has plenty of go. Loader speed is really faster than I can keep up with. Entrance/exit has plenty or room for this big guy...a requirement for the new purchase.....tilt wheel...on a 25 hp tractor no less....but it goes along in helping me get in and out fast and without interference. Ind PTO works great, upgraded seat. Fuel miser...have 22 hours on it and just filled it the first time...6 gallon tank I think. 200 mile delivery free, took 2 tractors in trade which a lot of dealers wouldn't....that's how I met the dealer......I wasn't initially looking for LS, $15.5k (list, not net after trades) for a new one, farm tax exempt.....a deal I assure you, 6 year warranty. I traded one of my Bransons and am not sorry but Bransons have served me well.

/ XJ2025 #7  
What dealer did you get it from?

/ XJ2025
I have found 2 used tractors that fit into my self-imposed budget. I’d love to buy new, don’t want to make payments on anything. XJ 2025H and a NH Boomer 24. The best I can tell they are the same tractor, the Boomer has the fender mounted loader handle, but other than that the LS looks like a nicer finished tractor. The loader hook ups all seem neater and don’t hang out or down like the NH. I could live with either. I don’t have any problems mowing with my old JD1050 and my 6’ RFM. However, the Mrs. is indicating she’d like a smaller tractor that is easier for her to drive around. I don’t want to have a tractor and a lawn mower. I was thinking a smaller tractor with a MMM might be the ticket for her. I plan on keeping my RFM anyway.
My dilemma is: by paper specs these “little” have a higher lift capacity than my JD even with it being a 37hp tractor. I know ballast weight is the key…..but will I be ”happy” with a smaller tractor? I‘m sure the Mrs. would.

/ XJ2025
I think I’ve found my tractor. Hopefully picking it up next week. I found a used 2020 XJ2025H with 18 hours on the clock. Not sure if it’s as good deal or not, but seemed good to me. $12,000, nothing but the loader, bucket and the rear tires are ballast filled. Was hoping to find a MMM, but I‘ll use my old RFM for a while. May have to replace it with a nicer one soon. Now the search for lightweight pallet forks. Thanks for all the input. This isn‘t my forever tractor, I kept my last one 14 years. This one will be my house tractor. I’ll probably buy a bigger one when I retire and spend more time at my hunting property.

Last edited:
   / XJ2025 #10  
I think I’ve found my tractor. Hopefully picking it up next week. I found a used 2020 XJ2025H with 18 hours on the clock.
Xj2025 will not be best selection for mmm. I looked prior too and went with MT225S with mmm it has been a work horse. No disappointments after 120 hours. Yanmar engine is smoother than the Mitsubshi much less vibration. Hydrostatic transmission is quieter too.