Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #11  
Everything will lean back to steel. It's better anyway.

Just had a 31x42 barn built with 3 sides enclosed and 14 ft high center walls for 12 grand.

Growing trees is like any other farming these days. The only way to make money at it is to have thousands of acres. I had 5 acres cut a few years back. Got paid 5 grand and they left a 25 grand mess. Still cleaning up after them.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #12  
Everything will lean back to steel. It's better anyway.

Just had a 31x42 barn built with 3 sides enclosed and 14 ft high center walls for 12 grand.

Growing trees is like any other farming these days. The only way to make money at it is to have thousands of acres.I had 5 acres cut a few years back. Got paid 5 grand and they left a 25 grand mess. Still cleaning up after them.

Same with hay :confused2:

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #13  
Was Droning a house build site yesterday. Builders are the same guys that built my house 18 months ago. They said 25% increase since then. And changing daily. Our house was $225,000. That's an additional $56,000. And no, they don't expect the prices to go back down.

Delays on things such as windows, doors, siding. Expect 45 days from order date to delivery date on windows/doors.

We're very rural, 8,500 County population. We're in a building boom and have been for 2 years now. My builders are 4 houses behind. When they built mine they were only 1 behind.
3 of the 4 already have their concrete poured. Will be last part of 2021 before they get to the last one. That's a year from now. So if you contacted them today about a house build it would be early 2022 before they could start.

They are working 10 hour days, 6 days a week. Not sure how long they can keep that pace up.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #14  
Huge shortage in the North-East;even our Amish saw mills are swamped.Contractors were shut down for a couple of months so now all super busy if they can get material.I lucked out and built my pole barn last year.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #15  
Huge shortage in the North-East;even our Amish saw mills are swamped.Contractors were shut down for a couple of months so now all super busy if they can get material.I lucked out and built my pole barn last year.

I think in our area the issue was the mills being shut down. Contractors continued working. This created the "supply/demand" issue mentioned above. :(

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #17  
Menards was always my go to lumber yard when we lived up near Chicago. Since we moved to Tenn. 5 years ago i found the lumber prices were always higher here. Wanting to replace our old deck and got a surprise on the costs !! I was going to go up to KY at the closest Menards but they don't even have a good supply of any PT lumber. 6x6 8' here at Lowes,HD is $32....Menards was $20 but now they are $32 also. Most of our construction lumber comes from Canada here on the east coast. The trees here are cut for pulp wood to make plywood,osb, and engineered lumber. Knoxville is in a building boom ! Plus the housing market here is booming also, many houses are sold before even being listed. The mass migration from the north to the south is booming !!

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #18  
I called 3 timber brokers. Each one told me timber prices are way down. That was a month ago,

Building boom......lumber shortages......yet timber prices way down? That just doesnt seem right to me?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?
I just bought several steel roof panels and the price seemed way high. What is going on....tariffs?.....inflation?.......greed?.....the new normal?

Couple of months ago, I was paying around $2.50/ft. Haven't priced since then, but I'll need a few more once the temperatures fall back into the 60s.