Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #21  
two months later Im still waiting for my **** Certenteed vinyl siding...with no update!!!! Im going to have the loan paid off by the time its ready.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #22  
Building boom......lumber shortages......yet timber prices way down? That just doesnt seem right to me?

Live cattle prices are down about 25% from before covid and beef has about doubled in the stores. Once again, the American farmer is getting the crappy end of the stick and the megacorp is getting richer.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #23  
Building boom......lumber shortages......yet timber prices way down? That just doesnt seem right to me?

And the RICH get RICHER! It's the good ol American GREED at work.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #24  
Anderson 100 series windows

6 weeks and $$$$$$$$

Yep. We got ours in 3 weeks. Expensive and worth it. Not pimping Andersen. High quality windows/doors are worth every penny.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #25  
The costs of primary building supplies always go up (see the commodities markets/futures) during "storm season"...they will also spike when there is an active system forecast to to hit the US...

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #26  
Menards was always my go to lumber yard when we lived up near Chicago. Since we moved to Tenn. 5 years ago i found the lumber prices were always higher here. Wanting to replace our old deck and got a surprise on the costs !! I was going to go up to KY at the closest Menards but they don't even have a good supply of any PT lumber. 6x6 8' here at Lowes,HD is $32....Menards was $20 but now they are $32 also. Most of our construction lumber comes from Canada here on the east coast. The trees here are cut for pulp wood to make plywood,osb, and engineered lumber. Knoxville is in a building boom ! Plus the housing market here is booming also, many houses are sold before even being listed. The mass migration from the north to the south is booming !!

We sold our house, shop and 20 acres without a listing. Didn't even contact anybody. Word of mouth in a rural community spread the word that we were building and people started knocking on our door and calling. Showed 3 couples the property and sold it to the third. They paid us in full before possession date. Above appraised value. An appraisal that we purchased before we started talking to buyers. No one ever asked us if we had it appraised or how much it was. The buyer was a young couple that financed 50% of the price. Lender did a walk thru, no appraisal. In the house 10 minutes only question asked was "where is the water heater". Never looked at it.

In our World you don't want to list your property unless you don't mind being out on the street.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #27  
When lumber is sold, the money does not go to the land owner or the logger. My boss deals with a lot of timber people. The saw mills are wanting to cut their prices. They say they can't make any money. I see ads looking for loggers to cut timber. I have a small track that needs to be cut. Large pine trees. Loggers don't even want them for free. It costs too much to move their equipment for a days work. Small loggers have been cut off from most of the mills.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #28  
not onlt lumber..i tried to buy some homeline breakers at home depot a couple of sundays ago. wholesale houses were closed. home depot breaker shelf was nearly empty. they did not have what i needed. sucked. welcome to covid scam

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #29  
We sold our house, shop and 20 acres without a listing. Didn't even contact anybody. Word of mouth in a rural community spread the word that we were building and people started knocking on our door and calling. Showed 3 couples the property and sold it to the third. They paid us in full before possession date. Above appraised value. An appraisal that we purchased before we started talking to buyers. No one ever asked us if we had it appraised or how much it was. The buyer was a young couple that financed 50% of the price. Lender did a walk thru, no appraisal. In the house 10 minutes only question asked was "where is the water heater". Never looked at it.

In our World you don't want to list your property unless you don't mind being out on the street.

:thumbsup:

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #30  
Summya'll been saying you can't even find PT boards. Big Box stores show they have it, but $16 for a 4 x 4 x 8 post? I bought 4 x 4 x 16s in January for $17.79 that are currently listed for $31.98

4' x 9' OSB that I paid $11 for in May is now showing at $20.25

Somebody's rakin' it in somewhere along the line. Aren't there price gouging laws?

Ive been waiting a month for PT fence posts. According to my seller, one of the processing plants in Ga. closed their doors. Older owners that were just tired of doing it and noone took over.