Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #831  
All the home centers around here, Kent, HD, Rona, Home Hardware, have an unbelievable amount of lumber in their yards. So much so most of them are using their parking lots for overflow. I was at Kent yesterday and they had lifts upon lifts of lumber most of it stacked 2-3 lifts high, same at HD..............Mike
Kent, Rona, and Home Hardware are all in Canada lumber/hardware retail businesses.
Perhaps the reason they have so much lumber in stock, is because Canadian mills are not shipping to the USA due to Covid regulations.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #832  
.................because Canadian mills are not shipping to the USA due to Covid regulations
It's a possibility for sure. Saying that tho....if there's a glut of lumber in Canada, why are we paying so much? a PT 4 x 4 x 8' last year or so was 8-$9, now at HD it's $21.25. Mind you that's Canuck bucks, US$ that's 17.
My thoughts...as long as people will or have to pay the ridiculous prices, it'll stay there..........Mike

Attachments

• 8' PT 4 x 4.jpg
    8' PT 4 x 4.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 82
   / Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #833  
Kent, Rona, and Home Hardware are all in Canada lumber/hardware retail businesses.
Perhaps the reason they have so much lumber in stock, is because Canadian mills are not shipping to the USA due to Covid regulations.
Could you post a link on the Canada mill not shipping due to Covid? I looked but couldn't, but my google-fu is not the best. I'd be interested to see why Covid would be a concern to shipping to US. Thanks!

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #834  
Could you post a link on the Canada mill not shipping due to Covid? I looked but couldn't, but my google-fu is not the best. I'd be interested to see why Covid would be a concern to shipping to US. Thanks!
That is my theory only.....I have no direct knowledge of the situation, but US-Canada trade is apparently not anywhere near pre Covid levels.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #836  
Ok then we are all in agreement, LUMBER BUYING BOYCOTT starts NOW! Let's see if everyone can hold out for a full month.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #838  
I've been holding out since October!

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?
I'm not sure I've bought a board at 'full price' from a store since starting this thread. I bought 3 1 x 4 x 10s, but they were warped and split so I got them for 75% off. Maybe a couple others at most.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #840  
Summya'll been saying you can't even find PT boards. Big Box stores show they have it, but $16 for a 4 x 4 x 8 post? I bought 4 x 4 x 16s in January for $17.79 that are currently listed for $31.98

4' x 9' OSB that I paid $11 for in May is now showing at $20.25

Somebody's rakin' it in somewhere along the line. Aren't there price gouging laws?
Hey Diggin It! As of 6/17/21 according to The Den of Tools site on You Tube prices are down 42% which is miss leading :oops:! That puts them at last years high:unsure:, But that is the low so far for the year which ain't saying much.