Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,061  
Ehhhh, what's up Doc?

View attachment 715108

Note the price two weeks ago in the blue inset box ... $454.40

Western fires? Hurricanes?

Most people watching this stuff warned of a spike after the down turn, but should come back down and probably settle around $500.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,062  
Every road I'm on has logging trucks now. Big trees going to mills. I suspect there will be a very quick return to normal prices soon, just by how many trucks I'm seeing. We've just put off those projects that required wood for a later date. There is always something else to do that doesn't require dimensional lumber. There is always something else to do: Do that other thing. :)

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,064  
That would make a good name for a breakfast diner.
Glue and Biscuits. I like it! With all the flour in the gravy, it sometimes comes close to wallpaper paste. And then there's the old saying my mom loved to use when serving comfort food like sausage gravy and biscuits, "It sticks to your ribs". 😋

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,065  
Same with hot cakes!

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,066  
We're not out of the woods yet, especially when it comes to imported items.
Cargo ships are at anchor for up to 10 days ($$'s) waiting to unload.
Big shortage of sea containers and then China has cut electricity to the container building zones to comply with environmental issues.

On local paper I just saw some 'help wanted' adds that had to promise all sorts of perks to attract mill workers. Those Covid checks have sure spoiled workers. Heck even a bonus if U could refer a willing worker.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,068  
The problem I have is they send in there resume but do not answer when I call or email them and never call back. The few I manage to set up a interview with do not show. They have no clue what the position pays.

The last 4 people I have hired had a job but decided they wanted to work for us. Finding these people is tough because they are not looking.

In fairness it was increasingly more difficult to find people before Covid. It is now almost impossible.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,069  
No body wants to work . They are getting 1,000 a week to stay home . I had 75 interviews lined up since dec. 5 showed up , 5 hired. 2 showed up for work . 1 quit after 4 hrs. 1 stayed on he's a decent worker . Layed off a girl last sept. still hasn't got a job yet . She said she was making more money on unemployment and welfare. It's crazy. 🍻

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,070  
I wonder instead of retiring on my own dime if I should try to get some of that $1000 a week gravy. That would be nice. :sick::sick:. Could not do it, never took a dime from anyone.