Yanmar - 4 Cyl - 2190 CC 49,7 HP

/ Yanmar - 4 Cyl - 2190 CC 49,7 HP
I have a TTR4400 (~2008 I believe; no emissions stuff). Amazing machine. Mine's got about 1200 hours on it. Good for anther several thousand I hope. I'd have to check but I believe mine tops out around 17km/hr which is pretty nice for transiting.
80tho, not sure if tax included, the boss was not there, Whats its weak point?

/ Yanmar - 4 Cyl - 2190 CC 49,7 HP #12  
Seems like the rops isn't in a place that protects the operator in a rollover. Maybe the thought is that it prevents it from rolling all the way over?

/ Yanmar - 4 Cyl - 2190 CC 49,7 HP #13  
What exactly are you looking for to do with an Antonio Carraro tractor? These are great tractors with great features, specially for orchards and vineyards which is what they were originally designed for.

The few I see popping up for sale every once in a while, have over 8000 hours and get used a lot in orchards and vineyards, spraying, cultivating, pulling fully loaded trailers of fruit or grapes, using a forklift mast to load totes full of fruit on to trucks, etc.

Also, most will do 30 km/h, not 17 km/h (maybe 17 MPH) and the bigger ones may do 40 or 50 km/h.

As far as the ROPS placement, also known as Mid mounted ROPS, that's one of the biggest and main characteristics of the the specialized tractors. Since they need to work under trees, the ROPS needs to fold as low as possible. Yes, it will still protect the operator as long as it's in the up position.

Around here, they even sell conventional tractors with mid mounted ROPS as they figured it's an essential feature on our country.

Depending on the type of work being done, the reversible operators platform is also a great feature to have. While these tractors won't make for good loader tractors, at all. They are instead made to work on hills, serious hills.

IMG_20180828_113553.jpg
antonio carraro tilt.jpg

Last edited:
   / Yanmar - 4 Cyl - 2190 CC 49,7 HP #14  
ptsg is right. It's not 17kph it's 17mph. He's also right about biggest weakness: lack a loader. I love the power in small package, the maneuverability, the stability, and the flexibility (mine has reversible operators station). The small wheels mean it has fairly low ground clearance and can be a bit of a bumpy ride. We sometimes use it for raking hay with a bar rake. It pulls just fine but it can catch if the hay is thick and when crossing existing windrows. It can also be bumpy with those smallish wheels.

I don't have (or work on) land as steep as what they are designed for. I have slid around on it but that mostly due to wet leaves or soft ground on slopes. I can't imagine what you'd have to work on to roll this thing.

/ Yanmar - 4 Cyl - 2190 CC 49,7 HP
What exactly are you looking for to do with an Antonio Carraro tractor? These are great tractors with great features, specially for orchards and vineyards which is what they were originally designed for.

The few I see popping up for sale every once in a while, have over 8000 hours and get used a lot in orchards and vineyards, spraying, cultivating, pulling fully loaded trailers of fruit or grapes, using a forklift mast to load totes full of fruit on to trucks, etc.

Also, most will do 30 km/h, not 17 km/h (maybe 17 MPH) and the bigger ones may do 40 or 50 km/h.

As far as the ROPS placement, also known as Mid mounted ROPS, that's one of the biggest and main characteristics of the the specialized tractors. Since they need to work under trees, the ROPS needs to fold as low as possible. Yes, it will still protect the operator as long as it's in the up position.

Around here, they even sell conventional tractors with mid mounted ROPS as they figured it's an essential feature on our country.

Depending on the type of work being done, the reversible operators platform is also a great feature to have. While these tractors won't make for good loader tractors, at all. They are instead made to work on hills, serious hills.

View attachment 791694 View attachment 791695
What a nice tractor, Front and back same gear ratio so on pavment not hard on everything , no money no candy

/ Yanmar - 4 Cyl - 2190 CC 49,7 HP #16  
What a nice tractor, Front and back same gear ratio so on pavment not hard on everything , no money no candy
Exactly. The ones with equal sized wheels (example 4400) models doesn't even have a lever to disengage the 4WD since it doesn't really need it. The ones with bigger rear wheels ( example: 4400F) do have the lever.