Yanmar FX32--problem with new engine oil filter

/ Yanmar FX32--problem with new engine oil filter #11  
The cost differential is so little - the potential for damage so great. I just use Kubota OEM filters.
Why would he put Kubota filters on a Yanmar then? That doesn't even sound right.

/ Yanmar FX32--problem with new engine oil filter #12  
AH - a small attempt at humor there - bmaverick.

/ Yanmar FX32--problem with new engine oil filter #13  
I don't use fram filters they are cheap very cheaply
made and if you seen the interior you would avoid
them. Wix, purolator good filters
I purchase the Yanmar filters so no problems if a
warranty problem comes up.

willy

/ Yanmar FX32--problem with new engine oil filter
The old gasket was not stuck to the engine. I always clean the area, and nothing was there.

I called Hoye Tractor. The filters are made in India, and they repackage them, so that's why there was no country of origin label. Just three filters wrapped in plastic.

Next time I'll get Purolator or Wix. I don't know where I would find Yanmar filters.

/ Yanmar FX32--problem with new engine oil filter #15  
The dealer was Fredricks supplied Spalding who still sells Yanmar refurbs. to the day. 2 yanmars from him a 2500 and a 2000. I never heard the first complaint about them. Or have a problem with one for that matter. I wasn't paying 4.99$ a filter. OF-1334. in 2009 when I was there. They was India cheap alright!!! I dented one of the first tightening it by hand. I recall telling myself "Talk about cheap"!!!....... Why would you cut up a good filter? To see just how cheap it was no doubt. Hoyes are the same filter as Fred. and told to me also by them 10 Yrs ago. 19.99+ Tax/shipping todays price. They sold the Co.. Fram is made in the USA.

Last edited:
   / Yanmar FX32--problem with new engine oil filter #16  
The old gasket was not stuck to the engine. I always clean the area, and nothing was there.

I called Hoye Tractor. The filters are made in India, and they repackage them, so that's why there was no country of origin label. Just three filters wrapped in plastic.

Next time I'll get Purolator or Wix. I don't know where I would find Yanmar filters.
You can get Yanmar filters, however they may not sell any to you for a Gray Market machine. Neither would a Kubota dealer sell you filters for the same reason.

There are a few Yanmar Marine parts web sites, 2 in the USA and 1 in Canada that I'm aware of. Taking your Parts Manual p/n, run that p/n of the filter on their parts search. If it turns up, then the Yanmar Marine has an OE match. Don't be floored by the sticker shock.

Another route is to cross reference the filter to a John Deere p/n. Then buy them from a Deere dealer. You would then be paying the JD green markup price too.

Wix (NAPA & Carquest), Pro-Tech and Purolator would be the ideal path to take.

Wix 51568:
Thread measurement:
20X1.5 MM
Height: 103mm (Approx. 4.06")
Others worth mentioning, not always available everywhere like those above.

/ Yanmar FX32--problem with new engine oil filter #17  
   / Yanmar FX32--problem with new engine oil filter #18  
   / Yanmar FX32--problem with new engine oil filter #19  

Replacement for a Tractor from your posting. Look at the pics and how many times do you see Fram for a JD.
You think!!!!!!!

/ Yanmar FX32--problem with new engine oil filter #20  

Replacement for a Tractor from your posting. Look at the pics and how many times do you see Fram for a JD.
You think!!!!!!!
huh ???