YANMAR RSB1401 tiller

/ YANMAR RSB1401 tiller
In the process of going thru the tiller getting it cleaned up and I am quite impressed with the condition of a 40 plus year old implement, did some evapo-rust soak on rusty brackets and there is almost zero surface pitting. This is not how normal steel looks..

YTbracket.jpg

/ YANMAR RSB1401 tiller #22  
I have the same tiller i bought probably 15 yrs ago, It works great after i made brackets to extend the lift pins out about 4 inches. Otherwise the tiller would hit the tires when i lifted it up.

/ YANMAR RSB1401 tiller #23  
If you are going to paint the tiller, a good time is when you have the tines off.

/ YANMAR RSB1401 tiller
If you are going to paint the tiller, a good time is when you have the tines off.
She's definitely gonna get a facelift since I don't see me trying to till what is virtual concrete at the moment. In the spring after the rains when she's all pretty I'll get it dirty.

/ YANMAR RSB1401 tiller
So here she is all spiffed up, hate to get her dirty.

Although it did hook up and clear the rear wheels the driveshaft was not going to work so I sketched up extension brackets and another member Cataclysm was kind enough to transfer it to cad so they could be laser cut. I have the file if anyone wants to reproduce them.

RT1.jpg
RT5.jpg
RT3.jpg
RT4.jpg

Last edited:
   / YANMAR RSB1401 tiller #29  
Wow! That is new from the factory, right?

Awesome job! You should teach classes, or RunDa YouTube channel on restoration...

All the best,

Peter

/ YANMAR RSB1401 tiller
Wow! That is new from the factory, right?

Awesome job! You should teach classes, or RunDa YouTube channel on restoration...

All the best,

Peter
Came out good but it helps when it's decent to begin with.