Tiller Yanmar Tiller just got home

/ Yanmar Tiller just got home #1  

Rowdius

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK35 With KL130 Loader
Well, I took a little road trip today and ended up buying a Yanmar RS1303 tiller from Stan's Tractor/Hoye Tractor for $450. They were VERY helpful and took the time to make sure that the tiller had all the proper parts (guage wheels, pto shaft, etc.) I ran out of daylight today, so I only got to make a couple of passes... but it seems to be a really great tiller. Tills DEEP in my sand. I'll try to get some photos up pretty soon.

/ Yanmar Tiller just got home
Ugh... I never can seem to keep batteries around for the camera.

I've got the oil/water draining out of the tiller right now, and when I go to town to get some more oil I'll try to get some batteries for the camera.

However, I do not think I'll be able to use the gauge wheels. With a standard cat 1 top link, I can't really get it high enough off the ground for the guage wheel to clear the trailer. I may have to order one of those yanmar tiller toplinks.

So, I may be talking to myself here, but....

I noticed that the sheetmetal on the rear of the tiller (you know, what smooths out the soil) has some wing nuts on it, and it appears that a bit of the sheetmetal in the center comes off. Looks like it is designed as a hiller... Pretty cool.

Does anyone have some photos of a similar yanmar tiller I can look at to see all the ins and outs of the gauge wheel setup?

/ Yanmar Tiller just got home #4  
Hi, I'm not sure how much help I can be. I have a Yanmar RS1202 tiller that sounds a little different than yours. See the attached photos. The hinged steel section is one piece, not a separate center section. My tiller is complete except for the springs/rods that attach to the hinged flap and keep it down during tilling, and I guess help compact the soil a little. Mine seems to work fine without tho. You might try asking about this tiller on the Yanmar tractor forum below.

Bill

Attachments

• tiller_1.JPG
    tiller_1.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 2,165
  • tiller_2.JPG
    tiller_2.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 1,891
   / Yanmar Tiller just got home #5  
I have a RSB-1300 and have some pics but I'm not home today. Will try and remember a post tomorrow.

FYI, on the 1300 designation, the first 3 digits indicates the tiller width in mm (1300 = ~4.5') the last digit is what configuration the tiller is.

Don't know what kind of tractor you are using but I have mine tiller setup to make use of the auto controls (depth and tilt) the UFO on the tractor provides.

Yep on the hiller "feature" on the rear drag.

yeah, I read the thread about your auto controls yesterday... That is some pretty cool stuff! My 1550D would not support that though.
Guess I'd better buy another tractor to get the most out of my tiller! :D (I wish)

/ Yanmar Tiller just got home #7  
Here are a couple pics of my tiller before I added the auto controls. There is a release lever near the top link that frees the guage wheels from the tiller and they just float. If you model has this feature you should be able to release the wheels and be able to get on to the treailer. The other thing is where the wheels and their mount attached to the tiller I just use pins so I can remove or install the wheels very quickly.

The release lever shows up nicely in the second pic.

Attachments

• tiller 1.jpg
    tiller 1.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,604
  • tiller 2.jpg
    tiller 2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,510
   / Yanmar Tiller just got home #8  
Rowdius said:
Well, I took a little road trip today and ended up buying a Yanmar RS1303 tiller from Stan's Tractor/Hoye Tractor for $450. They were VERY helpful and took the time to make sure that the tiller had all the proper parts (guage wheels, pto shaft, etc.) I ran out of daylight today, so I only got to make a couple of passes... but it seems to be a really great tiller. Tills DEEP in my sand. I'll try to get some photos up pretty soon.

I have the exact same tiller. Bought it along with the Mahindra tractor about a year ago, and just used the first time last week. I'll post some pictures later, I had batteries in the camera. :p You must still be charging yours?:D :D
Ted

/ Yanmar Tiller just got home #9  
I have the same tiller that larso1 has. When I am going to load it on my trailer I take the wheels and turn them up instead of down leaving them hanging down, works great. I also will turn them up and leave them on the tiller if I am not going to use them while tilling. That way if I need them I have them with me.

/ Yanmar Tiller just got home #10  
turbopiper said:
I have the exact same tiller. Bought it along with the Mahindra tractor about a year ago, and just used the first time last week. I'll post some pictures later, I had batteries in the camera. :p You must still be charging yours?:D :D
Ted
Here are the pics:
2395670681_1a8f5f8a79_b.jpg

2396506298_428a92431c_b.jpg

2395671245_5062e1e6ef_b.jpg

2396507222_bbd2dec43f_b.jpg

2396506874_e63d2257f9.jpg

2395671601_9d6af8e5c7.jpg

2384648420_c86c50d27a.jpg