Yanmar Tractors

/ Yanmar Tractors #1  

Williy

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT 235C Yannar YRC 60 rotary cutter, Yanmar RT72 rotary tiller B75 Backhoe & bucket & thumb, LS land grader
Just talked to my friend Mike at K & S Tractor Sales Lubbock, Texas
He said that Yanmar now has the Tractors to supply to all the small
dealers and last month sold all the tractors they had on the lot and
have to order more. August didn't sell many tractors but he sold all
of the tractors on the lot LS and Yanmar also the Yanmar representative
from Yanmar told he they are supplying all the small dealers and they
have plenty of parts on hand.

Yanmar discounts: Exclusive Offers | YANMAR Tractor

willy

Last edited:
   / Yanmar Tractors #2  
That's not surprising, I read that Yanmar was pushing their own brand harder in the U.S. I think that they are worthy competitors to Kubota, JD and Massey.

I'm a little surprised that more JD guys aren't flipping to Yanmar since Yanmar builds some of their tractors and most of their SCUT/CUT engines anyways. The savings and performance differences in an apples to apples comparison is pretty significant.

I get it that the dealer network is a bit scarce so hopefully Yanmar can change that in the coming years.

/ Yanmar Tractors
Yanmar made John Deere Tractors for over 20 years
but with the JD tag JD got a good reputation

willy

/ Yanmar Tractors #4  
Here's the thing with Yanmar. They are really in business to sell engines. The tractor gig is a side hustle. They made a decision a long time ago to make a marriage with John Deere and that is who they are beholding to.

/ Yanmar Tractors #5  
Here's the thing with Yanmar. They are really in business to sell engines. The tractor gig is a side hustle. They made a decision a long time ago to make a marriage with John Deere and that is who they are beholding to.

Not really a side gig when they’ve been building engines for 110 years and tractors for 55 years.

/ Yanmar Tractors #6  

That has been the case for a few decades but about 11 years ago that business model changed and Yanmar is starting to sell tractors under their own brand. I think the one thing that is missing is marketing. When is the last time you saw a Yanmar commercial?

I see Kubota and JD commercials all the time. Here is the thing, there are plenty of Yanmar service techs out there, just go to a JD dealer who has a good service tech and there you have a Yanmar tech.

As I see it, once my tractor is out of warranty, I have a Yanmar dealer 40min. away, but I also have two JD dealers within 15 minutes. I think they would still take my money even though it isn't green.

If you are fortunate enough to have a Yanmar dealership near you, you would be crazy not to walk in and talk to them and sit on some rigs if you are tractor shopping, IMO. The first thing they will remind you of.... "Yanmar is one of the few compact tractor companies that designs and manufactures all of its own components and parts." Check out this article below

/ Yanmar Tractors #7  
Here go, check this out...

/ Yanmar Tractors #9  
Neighbor bought a new 50hp Yanmar with a cab and every bell and whistle. Looks nice but not cheap at $50K. His best deal even with shipping came from OK. The nearest Yanmar dealer is 65 miles away. THere are two Kubota dealers within 20 miles so mine is orange.
Dealer support was an issue for TYM tractors as well.

/ Yanmar Tractors #10  
I don't need to live close to the dealer, I don't use it to make a living and I bought a Yanmar. ;) I would drive 200 miles to buy a new one if I had to, after owning one. I probably wouldn't have said that six months ago.