Yanmar YB 25 Excavator

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator
Funny that you would mention it needs a link taken out... The other track has had a link removed and it seems to be just fine. Both sprocket cogs look to be worn about the same.

Seems one side has 35 links and the side that's popping has 36 links.

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator #12  
Funny that you would mention it needs a link taken out... The other track has had a link removed and it seems to be just fine. Both sprocket cogs look to be worn about the same.

Seems one side has 35 links and the side that's popping has 36 links.
I would loosen the track tension adjuster and try to remove a link.
hugs, Brandi

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator
I've operated this Yanmar B-25 for the last 5 days about 7 hours each day. I've re-taken an old grown-up filled-in ditch through the middle of my pasture field. I made the ditch about 4 feet wide and 3 feet deep for about 300 yards. I am so impressed how will this thing works. Although it is old, I now have no regrets buying it.

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator
Bindian, thanks for the info and links.

Well, since I last posted I've done a lot of work with the little Yanmar Excavator. Seems track popping noise is gone too. I'm surprised how well it worked and the ease of learning how to use it without a Joy Stick set-up!

I'll keep looking for part sources, because one day I will need them.

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator #15  
When that day comes when you need steel tracks a outfit called Viqan had the best prices. That's where I bought the tracks for my Yanmar gray model B6-3. They also sell sprockets and rollers.
Dominion Equipment Parts (departs) also sells Yanmar parts and manuals.

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator
LarJea, thanks for the info.

Thus far, I've been impressed with my Gray Model ... The engine is awesome.

Seems the hydraulics are all okay too!

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator #17  
If you haven't checked and changed the oil in the final drives yet might be a good time. Very expensive when they go bad. the oil in mine was as black as tar the first time I changed it.

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator
Yeah! I need to change the oil in the final drives. I have broke loose both the fill and drain plugs. I just need to pressure wash the crud off and do a change. Do you know what kind of oil I should use?

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator #19  
I would venture to guess 80/90w or could be 75 -140? But probably just gear oil.

I guess there is a chance its tractor trans fluid, but i bet its gear oil

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator #20  
Yeah, I just used 75-90 synthetic gear oil the last time. The first time I used GL-5 80-90. I know of others saying 75-140 synthetic is the best. If it's real black you may want to use 80-90 for awhile to flush out all the old oil then go to a better oil.