Yanmar YB 25 Excavator

/ Yanmar YB 25 Excavator #31  
I only have a 3TN75 parts manual at this time. It's the next generation of the 3T75 engine. I would expect much of it to be either the same or very similar.

The 3T75 engine was used in many of the machine models you have and the F16/FX16 & F17/FX17, YM1601, YM1602, YM1610 tractors.

Now, the YM1810 is a direct match up to your machine of the 3T75H. This parts manual should be down right identical except for how the engine is mounted in the machine. See attached.

Compliments of the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group on GroupsIO (was Yahoo) link in my signaure

Attachments

• YANMAR ENGINE 3TN75 PARTS CATALOG 0CNP2-G17400.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 138
  • YANMAR YM1810 PARTS MANUAL NPC-1278.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 116
   / Yanmar YB 25 Excavator #32  
with no resolution on the smoke and the suspicion I was burning coolant as my smoke problem I decided to pull the head and replace the head gasket. Not a bad job and followed the procedure outlined by Hoye. In short it did not fix the smoke Issue. I pulled the thermostat housing and there Was only remnants of what used to be a thermostat (a spring and some metal) so clearly not ever getting up to operating temp. Smoke improved but still pretty bad. At this point I started to suspect the injector pump. I changed the fuel filter and noticed quite a bit of rust dust in it. I pulled all the injector lines and when cranking the engine one plunger was sending gobs more fuel than the other two. Reading how sensitive these injectors can be to contamination on Hoye website I opted to replace the whole injector pump And fully clean and decontaminate the whole system. I used a sand blaster pressure washer kit to blast the inside of the fuel tank, then navel jelly and a chain, then pressure washed again. I let the tank bake in full summer sun for three days and reassembled the whole fuel system with all new lines and filters. I added an additional inline filter from the tank to injector pump and placed rare earth magnets everywhere on the fuel tank and taped to inline filter to catch any remaining rust dust. Took several attempts to shim the injector pump just right for the timing but three seemed to be the magic number and now no more smoke. There’s the usual puff at startup but it’s finally running clear like it should! Finally!!