Yanmar YM1510D Shifter Adjustment Powershift

/ Yanmar YM1510D Shifter Adjustment Powershift #1  

DJsYanmar384

Tractor
Yanmar YM1510D
I am looking for infomation on adjusting the shifter or rebuilding the linkage on my tractor. Please let me know if you have any insight on this.

I have a Yanmar 1510D that runs well and works well but shifting is kind of a mystery. When its in gear it works great, I can shift up and down and it doesn't slip. My problem is getting in reverse I have to bump the shifter side to side to get it to pick up reverse. Neutral is in a mysterious place between Reverse and 2nd. First gear seems like its between where first and second should be. Once you get into first, you can go to second and third by moving it forward. It just seems very hard to find reverse neutral and first. The shifter feels very sloppy and lacks any detents. Has any one encountered this? If so how do you rebuild it? I do have the repair manual, but it does not say anything about adjusting the shifter.

/ Yanmar YM1510D Shifter Adjustment Powershift #2  
Strange.
I would look for extreme slop in the linkage.

Could that tractor ever have been rolled over, bending everything?

I had the linkage all apart on my previous YM186D (same thing), to rebuild the steering box. Everything went back together without having to adjust anything. Neutral on the dashboard 'gate' (photo below) still matched neutral at the transmission.

Are you missing any of the components in the photo?

20200906_121205-1-powershiftshifter-jpg.668830

/ Yanmar YM1510D Shifter Adjustment Powershift
I don't think I am missing any components. I will look tonight when I get home. There is some extreme slop in there. I think the linkages are worn but I am not sure which ones to get. Which parts are the will tighten up the movement?

/ Yanmar YM1510D Shifter Adjustment Powershift #4  
Which parts are the will tighten up the movement?
Dunno.

There have been a couple of times (not on Yanmar) where I've spot-welded a heavy washer over an elongated hole to reduce slack.

And there are likely still some OEM YM186 parts available that were used on several models, if you can find a Yanmar dealer willing to order them. Just don't mention YM1510!

/ Yanmar YM1510D Shifter Adjustment Powershift #5  
I am looking for infomation on adjusting the shifter or rebuilding the linkage on my tractor. Please let me know if you have any insight on this.

I have a Yanmar 1510D that runs well and works well but shifting is kind of a mystery. When its in gear it works great, I can shift up and down and it doesn't slip. My problem is getting in reverse I have to bump the shifter side to side to get it to pick up reverse. Neutral is in a mysterious place between Reverse and 2nd. First gear seems like its between where first and second should be. Once you get into first, you can go to second and third by moving it forward. It just seems very hard to find reverse neutral and first. The shifter feels very sloppy and lacks any detents. Has any one encountered this? If so how do you rebuild it? I do have the repair manual, but it does not say anything about adjusting the shifter.
At the end of this posting download the manual I had posted for your machine. Look to see what parts are actually used.