Yanmar YT359C

/ Yanmar YT359C #31  
It's too bad that during all that innovating, they couldn't design the "directional change" to occur with foot pedals instead of a column shifter.

As it is now.... I'd call it a "shuttle-shift-Hydrostat". For all the loader work and other work i do that requires constant, quick directional changes, i need the dual foot pedals. I'm sure they could easily design a shifter setup that could be incorporated in dual pedals vs a column shifter.

In actual operation ... This probably doesn't operate much differently than CVT

/ Yanmar YT359C #32  
Jump in here for your answer...if you move the steering column lever forward or reverse the speed is dictated by which range you are in. That range lever is down on the left hand side of the seat. Speed can be dictated by using the hand throttle (right side of steering column) or the foot throttle, your choice. The range lever really dictates the ultimate speed you travel at. N, 1, 2 or 3.

Ok so to go as fast as second gear will take you, you just start in second gear. No using the clutch to shift from first to second. Thats nice. I have an old yanmar which I love but its too small for my property. Im looking at a 359C. $38,500 HERE IN iDAHO

/ Yanmar YT359C #33  
I went from two pedal to the lever. I almost didn't. But it is fantastic to use. It only requires a flick from one finger without removing my left hand from the wheel. I don't remember when or why I touched the clutch pedal.

I have the owner manual in pdf if anyone would like to peek.

/ Yanmar YT359C #35  
I went from two pedal to the lever. I almost didn't. But it is fantastic to use. It only requires a flick from one finger without removing my left hand from the wheel. I don't remember when or why I touched the clutch pedal.

How quickly can you actually change direction? With 2-pedal or even rocker-pedal hydro, you can change instantly... No lag. I remember a complaint with the NH CVT machines was a lag between actual directional changes

/ Yanmar YT359C #36  
It is instantaneous or gradual all adjusted by a knob on the fender.

4C8FCCAA-D63A-4952-87CB-33A0AE138AD2.jpeg

Top motion knob is reverse lag. Sometimes you want fast - other times slow.

Bottom knob is cruise. You can set it for ground speed or engine rpm.

Yellow is PTO engagement

/ Yanmar YT359C #37  
It is instantaneous or gradual all adjusted by a knob on the fender.

View attachment 524993

Top motion knob is reverse lag. Sometimes you want fast - other times slow.

Bottom knob is cruise. You can set it for ground speed or engine rpm.

Yellow is PTO engagement
Thanks.

What's the blank circle cut-out for? Is there another option available?

/ Yanmar YT359C #39  

Would love the owner manual. Can you email me it in pdf?
justgotlky@gmail.com
I'll take you up on that offer! I'd love to see it!

/ Yanmar YT359C #40  
I ran some trials on hills and really did not notice any roll beyond the amount allowed with the motion knob. I feel very confident as I reverse either direction that it does what I intend.