Yanmar YT359C

/ Yanmar YT359C
Dude, are you kidding me? The YT359C is way more tractor than the 3046r. It weighs 1000lbs more, 13 more horses, iHMT transmission that puts more power to the ground AND is easily removable if it ever needs to be repaired.

The Deere has a Yanmar engine in it anyway. So what would you rather have...a tractor made in Mexico, with Yanmar engine in it, shipped to the US, painted green, and a high price tag put on it?

Or

Just go to the source, Yanmar engine and tractor all built together in one factory. 100 year-old company. Japanese reliability, lower price tag, and looks awesome to boot.

/ Yanmar YT359C #12  
Dude, are you kidding me? The YT359C is way more tractor than the 3046r. It weighs 1000lbs more, 13 more horses, iHMT transmission that puts more power to the ground AND is easily removable if it ever needs to be repaired.

The Deere has a Yanmar engine in it anyway. So what would you rather have...a tractor made in Mexico, with Yanmar engine in it, shipped to the US, painted green, and a high price tag put on it?

Or

Just go to the source, Yanmar engine and tractor all built together in one factory. 100 year-old company. Japanese reliability, lower price tag, and looks awesome to boot.
Yah, I know it's twice the tractor. I honestly loved the big cab. When I got out of the 3046r, I ripped my cell phone right off my belt clip as I squeezed thru between the steering wheel and inner fender. That's honestly one of my big dislikes with the John Deere 3r and 4r, the smallish cab size. I suppose I could go drive it again JUST to see if it's something I could live with.

Another option is a New Holland 47, just because I can equip it with a mid pto front snowblower that may be in my future.

/ Yanmar YT359C #13  
Yah, I know it's twice the tractor. I honestly loved the big cab. When I got out of the 3046r, I ripped my cell phone right off my belt clip as I squeezed thru between the steering wheel and inner fender. That's honestly one of my big dislikes with the John Deere 3r and 4r, the smallish cab size. I suppose I could go drive it again JUST to see if it's something I could live with.

Another option is a New Holland 47, just because I can equip it with a mid pto front snowblower that may be in my future.

THS,

Just so you know -- There is a way (shown in photo) to add your choice of any hydraulic-powered, skid-steer-loader-quick-attach front snowblower to a Yanmar YT3 Series tractor. The loaders on YT3 tractors have SSL quick attach as standard equipment. The YT3 loader lift capacity is 2,500 lbs (1,134 kg) at the pivot pins, 1,795 lbs (814 kg) 500 mm forward of the pivot pins. The hydraulic flow needed for the hydraulic snowblower is supplied by the PTO-powered hydraulic power pack mounted on the 3-point hitch.

With this front snowblower configuration the loader stays on the tractor, and both the snowblower and the power pack go on or off the tractor quickly and easily if you need to switch between tractor applications.

YT3 snowblower with caption.JPG

/ Yanmar YT359C #14  
Is there a place that I could read up a little more on the tractor? There is very little on the internet about it other than a couple of guys that have a video or two showing their tractor. I liked the YT a lot, and it easily beats the price of even the USED John Deere compacts that I was shown by another dealer last week.

For the guys that have one, how does this tractor do on the road? I do take it to work at times, it's currently a 15 minute drive with my JD 4300. I could make the trip a shorter trip if it didn't lose so much speed/power on the hills between the two locations. There are sections that I have to drop the hydro pedal to probably 25-30% just to keep the RPM at a decent level, which equates to maybe a 6-8 mph travel speed. I KNOW I could get off and run faster than it is traveling at that location.

I also am not able to plow UP my driveway in the winter because I have no power. To keep the snow rolling with my blade, I need to be in B range, but it just does NOT have the power once the snow gets piled up on the blade. I guess this would also be the same with blading my gravel driveway, there is NO way I can use B range doing that job. It's A range blading UP the driveway. I'm assuming with this YT that you set the throttle, put in in B range or 2 range (whatever it is labeled) and then you use the foot pedal to move forward?

I guess I should've spent a little more time on that YT before I shut it off. I will be about 10 minutes from the dealership again this weekend, but I think he closes before I can get there on Saturday. Maybe the YT isn't dead for me quite yet.... :)

/ Yanmar YT359C
Considering that the YT359 is about twice the horsepower of the JD4300 and it has a more efficient transmission, I'd expect it to put significantly more power to the ground even though it weighs about 1500lbs more.

/ Yanmar YT359C #16  
Is there a place that I could read up a little more on the tractor? There is very little on the internet about it other than a couple of guys that have a video or two showing their tractor. I liked the YT a lot, and it easily beats the price of even the USED John Deere compacts that I was shown by another dealer last week.

For the guys that have one, how does this tractor do on the road? I do take it to work at times, it's currently a 15 minute drive with my JD 4300. I could make the trip a shorter trip if it didn't lose so much speed/power on the hills between the two locations. There are sections that I have to drop the hydro pedal to probably 25-30% just to keep the RPM at a decent level, which equates to maybe a 6-8 mph travel speed. I KNOW I could get off and run faster than it is traveling at that location.

I also am not able to plow UP my driveway in the winter because I have no power. To keep the snow rolling with my blade, I need to be in B range, but it just does NOT have the power once the snow gets piled up on the blade. I guess this would also be the same with blading my gravel driveway, there is NO way I can use B range doing that job. It's A range blading UP the driveway. I'm assuming with this YT that you set the throttle, put in in B range or 2 range (whatever it is labeled) and then you use the foot pedal to move forward?

I guess I should've spent a little more time on that YT before I shut it off. I will be about 10 minutes from the dealership again this weekend, but I think he closes before I can get there on Saturday. Maybe the YT isn't dead for me quite yet.... :)

THS,

You have probably already visited Compact Tractors Sub-Compact Tractors & UTV's | Yanmar Tractor. Some of the specific places on the website you may want to check are:
---YT3 Series information pages: YT3 Series Tractors Popular for 25+ Acres | Yanmar Tractor
---Link to download PDF of YT3 Series brochure is on this page: Product Spec Sheets - Yanmar Tractor
---A Yanmar Tractor Tip that is about a YT3 Series feature: Benefits of a Throttle Boost - Yanmar
---Yanmar Tractor Tip about the use of A/B mode on YT3 tractors: Tractor Technology - A/B Mode - Yanmar
---YT3 Series product news release: https://www.yanmartractor.com/news-events/news/98

VIDEOS---
YouTube content related to Yanmar YT3 Series tractors:
---Playlist of 83 Wranglerstar videos involving Wranglerstar's use of a YT359 cab tractor (amount of tractor content varies from very small to very large): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD78AxDApkcpvvT0OmDl-9pQBv2yAhEWg
---Wranglerstar video on YT3 tractor controls: https://youtu.be/APjOBP1FhX8
---Playlist of Mother Earth News & Friends (GRIT magazine/Hank Will) videos involving Yanmar tractors (both SA424 and YT359 cab, how-to for less experienced operators): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD78AxDApkcr60a2ShKSjywvauPRbR4ed
---Playlist of Complete Deer TV videos involving use of YT347 cab tractor: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD78AxDApkcp6ZaitayAGBQc-uMWaKFiF
---Complete Deer TV video about using A/B Mode on YT3 tractors: https://youtu.be/IzsdjTSdtLY
---Farm Equipment magazine's video from 2016 National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville (includes Yanmar engineer describing i-HMT transmission cutaway model): https://youtu.be/0toX_WueqSo

TBN members with YT3 tractors---
---Salix56 - YT347 cab
---rockyridgefarm - YT347 ROPS
---Kiwibru - YT359C
---DavidL61 - YT347 ROPS

---

/ Yanmar YT359C #17  
Thanks for all that info! I actually have watched some of the videos with wranglerstar and Deer Tv. I would love to see a loader in action, moving snow, maybe even a backhoe or other ground engaging work which is what I would be buying mine for.

/ Yanmar YT359C #18  
Thanks for all that info! I actually have watched some of the videos with wranglerstar and Deer Tv. I would love to see a loader in action, moving snow, maybe even a backhoe or other ground engaging work which is what I would be buying mine for.

THS,

In the Wranglerstar videos there is a fair amount of loader and backhoe working scenes in the series of nine bridge building videos: Wranglerstar bridge building videos - YouTube

Some other Wranglerstar videos for loader work are the sawmilling videos (probably Wranglerstar's most extensive coverage of operating the loader) and the snowplowing videos from last winter. For the backhoe, there is bit of backhoe work in the video where they run a water line to an outdoor hydrant.

In the videos about re-grading the eroded part of the meadow and building "beaver dams" (silt dams), they do most of the ground-engaging work (grading) with all-hydraulic back blade.

/ Yanmar YT359C #19  
Does the transmission act more like a hydro, or a shuttle shift? Does Yanmar sell charcoal filters for the cab, for spraying?

/ Yanmar YT359C #20  
When I bought my 4310, the Deere dealers around me were price competitive. The deal that I took was priced lower than just about anything. This round, only the mega-dealer would respond to bid requests, and the price was quite a bit higher. Adding advanced features to match the Yanmar, put it in the stratosphere. And then, I saw warranty horror stories from the (rare) R series buyers in the JD forums.

There is a lot to like about JD.

But, I really like Yanmar. They worked hard for my business, and still care about my continued satisfaction.

That is just my experience, though. Hope that you find a solution that works for you!