Yanmar1610D Engine

/ Yanmar1610D Engine #1  

yanmar1610d

Tractor
Yanmar1610D
I am wondering if anyone out there has a good 1610 engine? Or would it be better to rebuild my engine. My little 1610d has a serious case of the blow by's and is losing power. When the engine is hot the RPM's drop to around 2000. When cool they are around 2500. Has gotten to were it will not pull a set of harrows very well. Keep waiting for it go BOOM!!

How much for good engine?

How much for a rebuild kit?

Or should I start Looking for a newer tractor and just trade the Yanmar1610D in?

/ Yanmar1610D Engine #2  
If you are able to do the work overhaul would be the route to go. I don't think kits are available. The 1610 does not have cylinder liners but could be machine shop sleeved if it comes to that. Good parts availability. You can add up some prices here. Yanmar Tractor Parts: ENGINE

/ Yanmar1610D Engine #3  
I would get a mic on the cylinders. maybe you can get over size piston and rings or just rings to help with the wear and just hone the cylinder.

/ Yanmar1610D Engine #4  
Can we assume you have checked/changed the oil. You can expect to pay $3000+ for a running engine swap.

/ Yanmar1610D Engine
It has had Blow by for quite sometime. Local tractor rebuilder said he would just keep running it and adding oil for no more than I use it. I am just getting tired of it smoking every time I put it under a load. He said if he was to rebuild the engine I am looking at a starting price of $1400 maybe more depending on what he has to do. Not too sure what a Yanmar1610D is going for these days in avg condition. Just wondering if it is worth even messing with.

/ Yanmar1610D Engine
Check the oil several times a day when I use the tractor. Used about 3/4 quart a day.

/ Yanmar1610D Engine #7  
Do what I do in the same situation mount a small container where the blowby oil tube ends and every couple of hrs of use check container and pour back into crankcase if not contamimated this works well on my 1601D

/ Yanmar1610D Engine
Do what I do in the same situation mount a small container where the blowby oil tube ends and every couple of hrs of use check container and pour back into crankcase if not contamimated this works well on my 1601D

How long have you been dealing with this? Got any pictures of the container you have ridged up and how you get it to stay on the tractor?

/ Yanmar1610D Engine #9  
How long have you been dealing with this? Got any pictures of the container you have ridged up and how you get it to stay on the tractor?

been doing this way for about 2 yrs cheeper than a rebuild this was a spray bottle I picked up at the dollar store
photo.jpg

/ Yanmar1610D Engine #10  
Isn't that the Fuel level looking at the Filter and Bowl. Did you Just change the Filter when you snapped a pic. of your Rig.? I fill my Bowl up when replacing it and a new Filter. Alot easier to Bleed all the Air out.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Deere 333G (A34126)
Deere 333G (A34126)
CAT EXCAVATOR BUCKET... (A34808)
CAT EXCAVATOR...
300 GALLON OVER HEAD TANK... (A34808)
300 GALLON OVER...
2005 Sterling Tractor Truck (A34302)
2005 Sterling...
New AGT Mini Excavator H12R Yellow (A34302)
New AGT Mini...
BBI Magnaspread PSHP (A34573)
BBI Magnaspread...