Yee-Haw, a Groundbreaker-X fo my 'Bota

/ Yee-Haw, a Groundbreaker-X fo my 'Bota #31  
Re: Yee-Haw, a Groundbreaker-X fo my \'Bota

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Think I'll stuff it and put it on the mantle. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )</font>

Wow, that looked like it was a chore

-Duane

/ Yee-Haw, a Groundbreaker-X fo my 'Bota #32  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Think I'll stuff it and put it on the mantle. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )</font>

Wow, that looked like it was a chore

-Duane

/ Yee-Haw, a Groundbreaker-X fo my 'Bota #33  

Your Groundbreaker is pretty cool! I never realized anything like that was available for the BX2230. It makes me want to get a second job so I can afford to buy one. When you operate the backhoe do you stand or sit? If you sit what do you sit on?

/ Yee-Haw, a Groundbreaker-X fo my 'Bota #34  

Your Groundbreaker is pretty cool! I never realized anything like that was available for the BX2230. It makes me want to get a second job so I can afford to buy one. When you operate the backhoe do you stand or sit? If you sit what do you sit on?

/ Yee-Haw, a Groundbreaker-X fo my 'Bota

Included with the hoe is a platform that is attached to the bottom of the tractor seat and this allows the seat to be swiveled to face backwards. It also disables all of the safety features of the seat, so good habits learned before you installed the hoe, should not be forgot. IE, put the brake on, take it out of gear, etc.

Mine has the optional Street Pads, which are the shoes on the end of the stabilizers. These have a hard rubber on one side for concrete/cement and can be flipped over to use on softer ground where they leave a small "V" imprint. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Included with the hoe is a platform that is attached to the bottom of the tractor seat and this allows the seat to be swiveled to face backwards. It also disables all of the safety features of the seat, so good habits learned before you installed the hoe, should not be forgot. IE, put the brake on, take it out of gear, etc.

Mine has the optional Street Pads, which are the shoes on the end of the stabilizers. These have a hard rubber on one side for concrete/cement and can be flipped over to use on softer ground where they leave a small "V" imprint. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Yee-Haw, a Groundbreaker-X fo my 'Bota #37  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Think I'll stuff it and put it on the mantle )</font>

Someone around here recently posted that it takes them about 20 minutes to dig out a typical oak stump. I hope that guy's eyes are brown, 'cause he's full if s**t up to his eyebrows. Either that or he's pulling balsa.

I dug up a couple of substantial stumps this month with my subframe-mounted Woods 9000 - all similar in size to the one in your picture. All of them beat the snot out of my machines. I worked the first (crab apple) for about 3-4 hours - I was faked out because half of the stump popped out right away, so I figured I could get the other half out using just the backhoe. I finally I gave up on the 'hoe and jumped in with an ax. 15 minutes later it was out. With the second (dogwood), I was in the hole right away with an ax, which gave way to a chainsaw within about 5 minutes. That stump had feeder roots all the way around that were almost as big as the trunk diameter. That one still took 3 hours, and cost a chainsaw blade. Stumps are brutal if you don't have a 45 ton pound excavator behind your bucket. I do way better with boulders.

Jay

/ Yee-Haw, a Groundbreaker-X fo my 'Bota #38  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Think I'll stuff it and put it on the mantle )</font>

Someone around here recently posted that it takes them about 20 minutes to dig out a typical oak stump. I hope that guy's eyes are brown, 'cause he's full if s**t up to his eyebrows. Either that or he's pulling balsa.

I dug up a couple of substantial stumps this month with my subframe-mounted Woods 9000 - all similar in size to the one in your picture. All of them beat the snot out of my machines. I worked the first (crab apple) for about 3-4 hours - I was faked out because half of the stump popped out right away, so I figured I could get the other half out using just the backhoe. I finally I gave up on the 'hoe and jumped in with an ax. 15 minutes later it was out. With the second (dogwood), I was in the hole right away with an ax, which gave way to a chainsaw within about 5 minutes. That stump had feeder roots all the way around that were almost as big as the trunk diameter. That one still took 3 hours, and cost a chainsaw blade. Stumps are brutal if you don't have a 45 ton pound excavator behind your bucket. I do way better with boulders.

Jay

Yeah, I jumped in my Husqvarna 45 when I realized two of the roots were as large as the stump. After cutting away at the second one, I realized the saw had no more bite at all. Its a brand new chain, too. I picked away at a lot of the roots with the teeth and slowy cut through by rocking the bucket. Thats probably not that good for the hoe.

Yeah, I jumped in my Husqvarna 45 when I realized two of the roots were as large as the stump. After cutting away at the second one, I realized the saw had no more bite at all. Its a brand new chain, too. I picked away at a lot of the roots with the teeth and slowy cut through by rocking the bucket. Thats probably not that good for the hoe.