Yellow Jacket Nest!!!

/ Yellow Jacket Nest!!! #1  
Thought I would share this pic with ya'll. I got it in an email from a reliable source and it is not doctored in anyway. This is truely amazing...there is world of hurt there.:eek:

Attachments

• yellowjacket.jpg
    yellowjacket.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 1,669
   / Yellow Jacket Nest!!! #2  
I get goose-bumps just looking at that picture. :eek:

/ Yellow Jacket Nest!!! #3  
I found a yellow jacket nest the hard way this afternoon. Luckily, they only got me about 7 times and only 2 of those were full force stings.

Because of my experience, I searched for "yellow" and found this thread. IF that picture is real, that dude is one crazy fellow if he is knowingly standing so close to such a nest from Hades. One fallen branch or pine cone and he might not be with us.

/ Yellow Jacket Nest!!! #4  
BOY, WHAT an impressive nest!
How many cans of "Yellow jacket spray" would one have to use to take care that NEST?

/ Yellow Jacket Nest!!! #5  
Cottonhawk said:
BOY, WHAT an impressive nest!
How many cans of "Yellow jacket spray" would one have to use to take care that NEST?

I am thinking flame thrower!! :D

/ Yellow Jacket Nest!!! #6  
I remember similar one - it was inside a sunbrella. The sunbrella was closed and the nest went all the way from the bottom to the top. Big suprise for whoever is it gonna open it:)

/ Yellow Jacket Nest!!! #8  
I found a yellow jacket nest the hard way this afternoon. Luckily, they only got me about 7 times and only 2 of those were full force stings.

Because of my experience, I searched for "yellow" and found this thread. IF that picture is real, that dude is one crazy fellow if he is knowingly standing so close to such a nest from Hades. One fallen branch or pine cone and he might not be with us.

Same with me, I found a yelowjacket nest in the eve jsut as I was putting on the very last panel of insulation on the veranda roof. I couldn't get down the ladder fast enough and fell down the last few rungs, scraped up my kneee and hand but nothing major. Usually the Yellow Jacets around here jsut dive bomb you and give you a quick stick, but this time I got two really deep stings. Put ice on it right away but the next day I had swelling. Took an Allegra the second night after the sting and woke up just fine.

7 stings! ouch! What were you doing?

/ Yellow Jacket Nest!!! #10  
rox said:
...........7 stings! ouch! What were you doing?
Cutting grass with a push mower. The problem was it was right at dusk.....I disturbed the little monsters and, on the next pass, I didn't see them swarming because it was kind of dark and I just walked right into them.

Typing this made me think of another incident. It was a couple of years ago and so close to yesterday's disaster that the little terrors were probably cousins. I was using a weed eater and made an enemy out of a whole tribe of yellow jackets. Only got stung one time. The weed eater was a large commercial Snapper with a body harness. As I was running for my life, I somehow got rid of the weed eater.

Now here's the funny thing: that weed eater would not run without constant pressure on the throttle.....when I unceremoniously threw it to the ground, it kept running! After escaping the jackets, I approached as close as I dare and there sat that weed eater just idling away while the yellow jackets swarmed around it. It would make a good story to say it idled till it ran out of gas....in truth, it ran for 3-4 minutes which was amazing considering its history.