Yellow Jackets

/ Yellow Jackets #51  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> Kerosene is a lot safer than gasoline. My father has burned himself on his legs at least 2 times in the last 15 years by lighting gas used as a weed control and as a solvent. Butane evolves from gasoline and will go to a low point, generally around your ankles. You could end up with a big explosion of underground gas with bee nest stuff flying all over you by lighting gas poured down the hole. </font> )</font>

He got burnt 2 times /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif ???

You only need a quart or a pint,you are not going to have a major explosion. The main thing is to give yourself plenty of room.
If you ever use gas,pour it on the source and make a 15' to 20' trail with the gas and THEN place your gas container about a 100' away from all ignition source and then throw the match on the gas trail and let it burn.You could do the same thing with diesel or kerosene.

Gas is very dangerous and a person would be better off to use kerosene or a little diesel.
But I have used gas a lot and it works but the diesel or kerosene is a lot less flammable and less explosive and much safer.

/ Yellow Jackets #52  
For a good combination of stability and ease of ignition, try a 50/50 mix of gas and diesel. For those that use straight gas for anything other than fuel, in the fire service we call that "JOB SECURITY!!" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Yellow Jackets #53  
Hosejockey,
Thanks for the tip.....
I like your name. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif