Yesterday. Would you buy and EV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #221  
IIRC, the EGO ZTR costs around $7K. I haven't seen any other manufacturers selling them...where'd you get the $27K price?
The EGO isn’t comparable to a 72” commercial mower.
Gravely, Mean Green… some others. The Gravely is $33k

The Ego is really a residential big box store equivalent

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #223  
A comparable electric ZTR for me is about $27k. Like I’ve told my son, I don’t doubt the savings after acquisition, but the cost of entry is so high, the savings are moot.
This is true for private usage.

People getting commercial contracts in areas now requiring no ICE usage will just retire perhaps?

Paradigm shifts like horse usage in cities moving to fossil fueled machines are game changers for those stuck in a past paradigm.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #224  
The EGO isn’t comparable to a 72” commercial mower.
Gravely, Mean Green… some others. The Gravely is $33k

The Ego is really a residential big box store equivalent
That I understand...for some residential users (like me), the EGO could work.
However, my Deere commercial ZT only has 530 hours and is paid for, so I'm not looking to buy either

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #225  
IIRC, the EGO ZTR costs around $7K. I haven't seen any other manufacturers selling them...where'd you get the $27K price?
I waited a long time for local dealers to get the EGO ZT. Price with veterans discount, $5,000. But because Lowes accidentally delivered the floor model, the let me use it for a week before bringing a new one, and gave me another $200.00 discount.
I love the flexibility of this mower. From different travel modes to adjustable blade speed.And there are no belts to break or replace. It does a fabulous job, and I could not be more satisfied.
When the need arises I can tow my garden cart with it, and the blades are disengaged for a quiet ride while saving battery power. The four 10ah batteries allow me to mow over one acre per charge.
Now, if only my property wasn't so bumpy, my poor back would be much happier. Even with the suspension seat the ride can be rough. Still, not having to walk behind a mower is a blessing.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #226  
The four 10ah batteries allow me to mow over one acre per charge.
Only an acre? Thought it'd be closer to three acres with 4 fully charged 10 A/hr batteries

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #227  
Nissan, Ford, GM etc need to dump majority of dealerships.
Not sure I understand this mentality. As part of the gov't bailout GM was forced to reduce the number of dealerships. Dealerships are mostly privately owned, how does reducing the number help the factory? All it does is make things more inconvenient for customers, and pulls the rug out from under the dealerships, many of whom have invested much time and money into building their business.

Am I the only one who likes to test drive and generally "kick the tires" when buying a vehicle? I like to look around at various models, see how comfortable, etc. they are. See 'em in real life. There's only so much you can do online. No denying car salesmen and all their antics are more hinderance than help, but I haven't seen a better solution.
I wouldn't even consider using an outfit like Carvana.]
]
Then again, a lot of things you propose don't make much sense.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #228  
Only an acre? Thought it'd be closer to three acres with 4 fully charged 10 A/hr batteries
I could mow more, but the rest of my acreage is only suitable to mow with my bush hog. No riding mower could handle it.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #229  
The Ford home charger that could provide an 80% charge to the 131 kW battery in 5-6 hours requires a dedicated 80 amp 240v circuit in my garage. Yikes, that draws some power. Just imagine every garage in my neighborhood charging 2 family cars each night at 80 amps a piece. And houses like mine have 4 cars on the road each day. That’s gonna be a problem.
Yeah, one of those things the EV shills seem to conveniently overlook. I have only 100A service at my house, as do many others who don't have many power-hungry electric appliances (ie-stove, HW heater, A/C, etc).
As oil & natural gas prices soar, electric rates are increasing too.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #230  
I could mow more, but the rest of my acreage is only suitable to mow with my bush hog. No riding mower could handle it.
How many times can you mow before a recharge is necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.