Yesterday. Would you buy and EV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #231  
People getting commercial contracts in areas now requiring no ICE usage will just retire perhaps?

Paradigm shifts like horse usage in cities moving to fossil fueled machines are game changers for those stuck in a past paradigm.
I wasn't around then, but I'd imagine that bans of horses in cities only came once motor vehicles were relatively well-established.

While requiring commercial landscapers to ditch their gas powered equipment sounds like a good idea on paper, you have to take into account that this equipment is in use for close to 8 hr. a day in peak season...gonna require a battery with a LOT of capacity, even if they come up with a way to partially recharge it during transit (which kinda lets out an EV truck) to make it thru the workday.
Weed-wackers/string trimmers, leaf blowers, and other small equipment with swappable batteries make a lot more sense.
Another example of politicians mandating something without having all the facts on hand.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #232  
After 4 years, my commercial ZTR has 140 hours on the clock on our small farm. It will likely outlive me at this point… which makes a $20k plus investment in an electric, a pipe dream. I do enjoy the use of my GreenWorks Pro blower and trimmer… which replaced a failing gas unit by Craftsman. That thing quickly became a maintenance hog. I love the convenience of electric, I’m just unwilling to pay more for a mower, than I will a car, for that convenience at this point.
I really need at least a 60” deck, 72” preferred, and it has to handle 3 acres per charge. During the growing season, I usually only have one day to get the task done per week. The dry months, like now, are not such a hassle.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #233  
How many times can you mow before a recharge is necessary?
I don't always mow everything, every time. So I can't say. I will say I could likely go another half hour after the first one and a half hours if I had a need. Recharge time is very fast, and if I had the need, there are slots for two additional batteries.
I also like the built in port for a quick connect hose fitting. You drop the deck to its lowest setting, put the blade speed on high, and run for one minute to clean under the deck.

For anyone interested in an amazing demo of this mower, check out the video.https://youtu.be/XT_sC9hmqXc

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #234  
Yeah, one of those things the EV shills seem to conveniently overlook. I have only 100A service at my house, as do many others who don't have many power-hungry electric appliances (ie-stove, HW heater, A/C, etc).
As oil & natural gas prices soar, electric rates are increasing too.
Yep… still single family 3-bedroom homes with 1920’s electric service 120v 30amp.

Plenty more 1950’s with 240v 60 amp service.

Newer larger homes everywhere in the 2600-2800 square feet range with Federal Pacific 240v 125 amp.

All in SF Bay Area.

My first experience with large service of 200-400 amp was in Washington State…

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #235  
I’m very interested in longevity…

It’s like cordless power tools…

Some manufacturers design obsolescence where model changes are not backwards compatible.

It would be great for plug and play to be universal in auto tech but the wide dimensional variety makes this impossible with today’s designs.

I’ve notice a new EV about every week or two at work.

More are asking for charging stations but not going to happen anytime soon.

The nearby stations experience vandleizing… even heard of power cords being cut but this is sketchy area anyway.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #236  

Here's some EV points from a guy that was born in Iran that sounds solid.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #237  
EVERYONE knows. Surprisingly, even you do.

Hope you see it before your admin buddy takes it down. 🤣
I dontknow and apparently neither do you.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #239  
I like some of this person's take on EVs, and all her reviews. She doesn't seem to give a "Squeek," if her impression, of that the car is a bad design, and this is a rare thing on the internet. She is kind of crazy, but in a good way that she is following her passion.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #240  
Status
Not open for further replies.