YM186D Front Driveshaft Needed - Pretty Please?

/ YM186D Front Driveshaft Needed - Pretty Please? #1  

Jdrockin

Tractor
John Deere 655 Turbo Yanmar YM186D John Deere 425 AWS Takeuchi TL130
Hi Everyone,

I bought what I thought was a good deal on a Yanmar YM186D. I was so excited with the Power-Shift and 4x4, but it needed a front drive shaft. I called around to about a dozen salvage yards and no one has the shaft from the trans splined end to the pinned front axle. A couple yards do have the 186D on hand, but the front shafts are all gone. I talked to Hoye Tractor and they have some parts but they chop up the whole driveline and sell it piecemeal, and its not a complete setup for the whole shaft front to back. I also posted up on the Yanmar Facebook group, but no luck there either. I'm desperate at this point to find a front drive shaft and I'm turning here for help!

I'm really excited for this machine and to be able to use it fully! It looks a little rough now but I waxed one part of the hood and it looks like it will come back nicely. A few other little things here and there but I'm not worried.

Thank you for any help.

Respectfully,
Joel

IMG_4549.JPEG
IMG_4553.JPEG

Last edited:
   / YM186D Front Driveshaft Needed - Pretty Please? #2  
I talked to Hoye Tractor and they have some parts but they chop up the whole driveline and sell it piecemeal, and its not a complete setup for the whole shaft front to back.

Hi Joel,
We can't get the complete shaft right now (it is fairly unusual to need the complete assembly) but we do have all of the pieces to make a new one. The only complication is that you end up with duplicates of the actual shaft itself since one of the yokes is used in two places and is only available with the shaft. You just take that yoke off the shaft (remove the roll pin) and then you have all of the pieces to make a new shaft. Other than that (and the price) we have everything you need.

/ YM186D Front Driveshaft Needed - Pretty Please?
Hi Joel,
We can't get the complete shaft right now (it is fairly unusual to need the complete assembly) but we do have all of the pieces to make a new one. The only complication is that you end up with duplicates of the actual shaft itself since one of the yokes is used in two places and is only available with the shaft. You just take that yoke off the shaft (remove the roll pin) and then you have all of the pieces to make a new shaft. Other than that (and the price) we have everything you need.

Ah, thanks Aaron. That was where my confusion was coming in was the second yoke. Any chance you'd cut a guy a deal on a complete system? ;)

I'm afraid I'll be stuck keeping an eye out for a used shaft and replacing the parts that are worn from you guys.

I appreciate the response.

Joel

/ YM186D Front Driveshaft Needed - Pretty Please? #4  
I bet we can get you a deal worked out. I'm out of the office this week but click on the Contact Us link below and one of our parts guys can get you fixed up.

/ YM186D Front Driveshaft Needed - Pretty Please? #5  
I also posted up on the Yanmar Facebook group, but no luck there either.

Respectfully,
Joel

Joel,

I'm on the FB group too, but it's seldom a help with these YM specific parts. The FB group tends to learn more towards the newer models more often.

Now, over at the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group from GeoCities to Yahoo and now living at GroupsIO, our 35+ years of existence still is a lively group for YM, F-FX, Super Forte, KE, RS models and John Deere 50/70 Series tractors. See link in my signature.