YM2310 transmission question

/ YM2310 transmission question #1  

etpm

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2310
A few days ago I bought my first Yanmar tractor. The shifter pattern shows 1 through 4 but it also has a "C" gear listed. I can't seem to get it to go into this C gear. Anyone know what it is?
Thanks,
Eric

/ YM2310 transmission question #2  
C is creeper... lower than 1st.... shift into 1st and keep pushing forward to creeper

/ YM2310 transmission question #3  
My YM2002D also has a creeper range. Mine has a 10mm hex pun which blocks it going into creeper mode. I have removed it to check it out. In high gear in creeper, a person can easily out walk the tractor speed.
In practical application, I have never found a use for the creeper range gears. Range 1 gear 1 has more than enough torque and is slow enough for any activity that I have ever needed. This includes tilling ground that had never been tilled and pulling several vehicles out of ditches, mud, snow.

/ YM2310 transmission question
Thanks for the replies folks. I'll try getting it into creeper gear today just to see how slow it goes.
Eric

/ YM2310 transmission question #5  
Creeper gear is used when your wanting to see the seasons change while parking in the garage. ;)

/ YM2310 transmission question #6  
You will just need to pull that little knob straight up in order to move the shifter into the C range. As others have mentioned it is EXTREMELY slow.

1.jpg

/ YM2310 transmission question #7  
Fwiw... on my 2210d... I used creeper in a totally unsafe manner...
I would back up to my brush hog, set the parking brake, get off, and use creeper and power shift to line up... Worked great but not recommend of course

At full throttle it would go 0.3 mph at idle probably 0.05 mph.... you could get run over but it would take a loooong time lol

Last edited:
   / YM2310 transmission question
I saw that knob and knew it had some purpose. I'm gonna try it out tonight.
Thanks,
Eric

/ YM2310 transmission question #9  
My YM2002D also has a creeper range. Mine has a 10mm hex pun which blocks it going into creeper mode. I have removed it to check it out. In high gear in creeper, a person can easily out walk the tractor speed.
In practical application, I have never found a use for the creeper range gears. Range 1 gear 1 has more than enough torque and is slow enough for any activity that I have ever needed. This includes tilling ground that had never been tilled and pulling several vehicles out of ditches, mud, snow.

Am I the ONLY ONE who uses CREEPER gear?

When putting up fencing, I use the fence puller before clipping or tack-nailing the woven fence to tees or posts. Creeper gear is the ONLY way to go to ensure the fence is aligned, pulled and not over stretched.

I've gotten my Post hole auger stuck in a hole really deep (4FT) in rock. Had to use creeper gear to help rock the auger out of the hole.

Son's car hit the back end of a truck. Not a scratch on the truck whatsoever, but his front fascia and the upper rail over the radiator was caved in. Creeper gear to the rescue!

Creeper works well pulling out stumps too.

/ YM2310 transmission question #10  
Am I the ONLY ONE who uses CREEPER gear?

When putting up fencing, I use the fence puller before clipping or tack-nailing the woven fence to tees or posts. Creeper gear is the ONLY way to go to ensure the fence is aligned, pulled and not over stretched.

I've gotten my Post hole auger stuck in a hole really deep (4FT) in rock. Had to use creeper gear to help rock the auger out of the hole.

Son's car hit the back end of a truck. Not a scratch on the truck whatsoever, but his front fascia and the upper rail over the radiator was caved in. Creeper gear to the rescue!

Creeper works well pulling out stumps too.

Notice that my statement was an “I” statement.
That does not imply others may not find a use for it.
That you have found uses for creeper speeds is great, thanks for the info others may find helpful.