YM336D Leaking Steering Knuckles

/ YM336D Leaking Steering Knuckles #1  

Mitch2023

Tractor
Yanmar 336D
Not as serious as my hydraulic issue but it needs to be fixed.
According to the Hoye site our tractor has the old style steering knuckles. Serial number 336D-40xxx
We have a Ford motor mechanic in the family that will do this for use. I want to have all the needed parts on hand for him, but don't know exactly all that's needed.
Hoye shows a repair sleeve and a matching seal for the sleeve. Is this common to need this item? What other parts are needed for this repair?

/ YM336D Leaking Steering Knuckles #2  
Without taking it apart or at least seeing how much movement you may have in bearings it would be hard to know just what to order. Just my opinion.

/ YM336D Leaking Steering Knuckles
Without taking it apart or at least seeing how much movement you may have in bearings it would be hard to know just what to order. Just my opinion.
Yes, that makes sense. I was considering down time and shop space. I'll talk to him and see what he has to say.

/ YM336D Leaking Steering Knuckles #4  
Yes, that makes sense. I was considering down time and shop space. I'll talk to him and see what he has to say.
I once owned a 3110, same as your 336. I replaced those front end bushings and still had leaking.
I finally stopped the leaking when I filled the gear case with corn head grease.
Good luck, I hope that repair fixes your issue. If not, just fill it with corn head grease !

/ YM336D Leaking Steering Knuckles #5  
They show that bearing being a old Style bearing. I had that type of bearing in the front wheels of the YM2000.
Both disintegrated Quick!! Fredrick had the new Style "Sealed" in the mailbox in 2days. 10yrs not the first complain. I'd check on that. Bearing failure that bad was lack of Maintenance no doubt. Lack of grease.
1684669709891.png
1684669778691.png

/ YM336D Leaking Steering Knuckles #6  
That's a really nice tractor. I know, I bought one new. (wish I kept it)
If it were me and I had it apart I'd replace everything, seal and bearing wise on both sides. That tractors pushing 40 years old and the time to do it is when it's apart. 👍