You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,531  
All of the burger chain burgers are about the same to me. The chain that used to advertise fish that goes crunch here was Long John Silvers. After getting an order of soggy, greasy fish on two occasions, I quit going there and they soon left town. Good riddance!
Friends that used to work there in high school called it Long Thin Slivers. :ROFLMAO:

Our local one is pretty good. A lot can be said about differences in franchised operations with different owners in the same town.

We have several local King Gyros restaurants. A few are really bad. So bad, in fact, that a guy that owns three that are NOT bad re-branded and put his name on all of them that he owns so folks would know they are the good ones!

We've been eating there for 30ish years. Great food and great people at all 3 stores. (y)(y)

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,532  
How about going to RadioShack with a bag of tunes to test when the radio quit working?
When I was a kid I worked in a garage and one of my jobs was to take tubes across the street to the drug store that had a tester and a supply of tubes. :cool:

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #2,533  
When I was a kid I worked in a garage and one of my jobs was to take tubes across the street to the drug store that had a tester and a supply of tubes. :cool:
The record department in the department store where I used to work had one of those testers. My father-in-law used to make good use of it.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,534  
The record department in the department store where I used to work had one of those testers. My father-in-law used to make good use of it.
I got pretty good at it and despite being just a kid was pretty good at diagnosing. I know I spent a lot of time testing tubes and, coincidentally, chatting with a cute girl at the counter. ;)

All this changed with the transistor radio of the early '60's and the color TV craze about the same time. You could see the writing in the wall. Those new color TV's were as desirable then as smart phones are today. Everyone wanted one.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,535  
Still got this one. Spartan 111 (1929)

IMG_7125.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7127.jpeg
    IMG_7127.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7128.jpeg
    IMG_7128.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #2,538  
And it wasn't long before 'most anything you'd need (video, modem, sound, networking) was built in to the motherboard, so you didn't need to worry about any of that stuff. These days unless you want a pro soundcard or are a gamer who needs/wants a super deluxe video card really no need for any peripheral cards anymore.
Oh, geez... you just reminded me of Creative Labs SoundBlaster cards. I remember now, none of our work PC's had sound, and only those who could afford a SoundBlaster card had it at home! That was a major expense, when configuring a new PC purchase. :D

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,539  
Oh, geez... you just reminded me of Creative Labs SoundBlaster cards. I remember now, none of our work PC's had sound, and only those who could afford a SoundBlaster card had it at home! That was a major expense, when configuring a new PC purchase. :D
Got one in my basement somewhere.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,540  
When you talk about being old all day, you're old.