You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #262  
I’m ok with subtitles.

Most times they are not needed but, when they are needed, it sure beats asking my wife “what did they say”?

She does not like me doing that!
At my house it's my wife asking.....

/ You Know You Are Old When #263  
I’m ok with subtitles.

Most times they are not needed but, when they are needed, it sure beats asking my wife “what did they say”?

She does not like me doing that!
I hear you bro!

/ You Know You Are Old When #264  
...You blame it on the Bossa Nova.

/ You Know You Are Old When #267  
I’m ok with subtitles.

Is it just me or do the actors on many tv shows mumble their lines nowadays? With the ever-present background music it can be hard to make out dialog at times. News, documentaries, etc. aren't a problem.

/ You Know You Are Old When #268  
Is it just me or do the actors on many tv shows mumble their lines nowadays? With the ever-present background music it can be hard to make out dialog at times. News, documentaries, etc. aren't a problem.
Sound mixing is a lost art.... or my hearing sucks. I suspect it's both

/ You Know You Are Old When

I agree with you. More mumbling than I recall as a younger man.

Also, that darn music played by kids nowadays!!!

/ You Know You Are Old When #270  
There seems to be a big difference in the volume of TV shows compared to the much louder commercials. I suspect that the TV networks are paid extra do this on purpose.