You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When
There seems to be a big difference in the volume of TV shows compared to the much louder commercials. I suspect that the TV networks are paid extra do this on purpose.

This is not allowed per the FCC’s CALM Act.

The AVERAGE volume of a commercial cannot be higher than the related show.

Maybe advertisers have a way to be louder due to the AVERAGE in the rules. That word was put in the rules for a reason.

/ You Know You Are Old When #273  
This is not allowed per the FCC’s CALM Act.

The AVERAGE volume of a commercial cannot be higher than the related show.

Maybe advertisers have a way to be louder due to the AVERAGE in the rules. That word was put in the rules for a reason.
"The CALM Act applies only to commercials aired on television—it does not apply to radio commercials or commercials aired on the internet or via streaming services. In addition, the CALM Act does not address loudness differences between programs or channels on a given station or MVPD—its scope is limited to differences in loudness between commercials and the programs they accompany."

/ You Know You Are Old When #274  
There are 2 new sit-coms on nbc that I would like to watch but the actors talk so fast I can't keep up. So I quit watching them both.

/ You Know You Are Old When #275  
I have a set of Bose noise canceling headphones that make it easier to understand the TV. They eliminate background noise from the house, and the sound clarity is better than the TV speaker.

/ You Know You Are Old When #279  
My wife kept complaining about the TV sound and after checking found she had the TV set to "stadium" or some sound other than "normal". I switched the sound and she could hear all or most of the sounds again.