You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #311  
You know that you're getting old when you still have your old trusty backup saw hanging in the barn in case your Amazon saw breaks down during your second cut.

And you've used one to cut wood.

View attachment 850058

I need to get that down and clean it up. It should be covered in grease.
I have a couple up in the rafters of my barn!

/ You Know You Are Old When #312  
You know that you're getting old when you still have your old trusty backup saw hanging in the barn in case your Amazon saw breaks down during your second cut.

View attachment 850058

I got a few...

image000000.jpeg

/ You Know You Are Old When #316  
On my god yes, that was the worst pain I've ever had. Way worse than my kidney stone. In the ER, they wouldn't give me any pain meds until the knew what the problem was. Only took them four hours to do that.
What a way to spend Easter Sunday, getting my gall bladder removed.
Hmmm… I had my gallbladder removed and I don’t remember it being that bad. Laparoscopically.

/ You Know You Are Old When #317  
I haven't seen her in years. I have heard that she's as nice a person as she is good looking.
She gave my wife and my six-year-old daughter and I a lot of pleasure driving up to the cottage, listening to her music. She actually had a cottage not that far from us.

I was always very impressed by the words of her songs. Very empowering for my little girl.

And she’s Canadian, eh?😜

/ You Know You Are Old When #318  
Are you guys suggesting that the Stihls sold on Amazon are big box store quality? and less than small dealer quality?
Stihl sells both pro saws and consumer grade. I haven’t looked at what they have on Amazon.

/ You Know You Are Old When #319  

View attachment 850058

I found a rusty old crosscut in the woods one day and brought it into my office. One day an old logger came by to ask about upcoming timber sales. This guy was at least 80 years old and still logging (not very fast). He saw the crosscut and asked me where I found it. I told him and he said he threw it down and left it there after he got his first power saw, and didn’t want to see one of those again. As old as he was it could be true, but I don’t know. He was one of those stone faced old guys who always spoke matter of factly, so I couldn’t tell when he was joking. This was over 30 years ago.

/ You Know You Are Old When #320  
I have a bunch of old carpenter saws and crosscut saws.
My nephew asked me what they were for and why I kept them.
I told him they were environmentally friendly and keep on working when the power goes out.