You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #451  
...You can remember when milk was delivered to your door in bottles with paper caps.
I also remember when we lived in town, a couple of blocks down wind from the bread bakery, the smell was wonderful. Mom would give me a dime to go and get a loaf of bread every few days.

/ You Know You Are Old When #453  
...You can remember when milk was delivered to your door in bottles with paper caps.
I also remember when we lived in town, a couple of blocks down wind from the bread bakery, the smell was wonderful. Mom would give me a dime to go and get a loaf of bread every few days.
Yep! I remember pouring the cream onto my fortified oat flakes.

We had two bread bakeries nearby. Man that smell!! (y) (y)

We also had a Drewry's brewery. I love the smell of beer brewing.

In high school, after a long night of carousing, we'd stop by a local bakery shop where we knew a kid that worked there. We'd sit on the trunks of the cars and eat damaged loaves of warm bread and just laugh and talk for hours. :)

/ You Know You Are Old When #454  
I still know where our milkman's house was. It's a parking lot now. :(

/ You Know You Are Old When #455  
Vacuum wiper continued into the 60s, at least on the lower end models...my first car, a 1962 Ford Falcon had them. Agree, no joy going up a hill in a downpour!
Wow, I had a '62 Ford Falcon with vacuum wipers. You could have wipers or whatever little acceleration it might have had, but not both at the same time. It was frustration in a downpour to have no wipers.

I was a kid with that car and told my young girlfriend at the time that I could make those wipers stop while driving by saying a high-pitched word. She begged to say something high pitched but I made her struggle for months to get the right word to make the wipers stop. Finally, she succeeded. ;)

What a wonderful thing to yank her chain for months. When I finally fessed up it took a fair amount of convincing to get her to buy my story. She finally believed me and was OK with it. Guess I missed my calling and should have been a politician. 🏆

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #456  
I made my wife heart shaped waffles with lemon curd, blueberries and whipped cream Sunday morning. I had Vermont syrup on the side. Happy wife happy life. ;)
My wife being a native of Vermont, got me into the syrup. She used to work a couple of farms as a child, one being "sugar shack" where they made maple syrup. Apparently they are getting away from Grade A and Grade B now (she still works for her same company up in Vermont).

Saw this last night on a facebook feed on my phone. I don't remember how I stored them in the oldsmobile LOL

T shirt.png

/ You Know You Are Old When #460  
When u take your current age, double it, and u don’t expect to live THAT LONG..

You're more strict than I am. I decided long ago that everyone is either young, middle-aged, or old. To simplify the math, I assume a life span of 90 years. So 0-30 is young, 30-60 is middle-aged, and 60+ is old.