You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #471  
Honest to goodness I'm 63 and don't feel older than 45. (knock on wood).
I'm pusshing 60 and the biggest question is when I'll get my shoulder replaced. Been putting if off for 10 years now as the doctor tells me I'm a bad candidate for it because I can get by and deal with the pain. Late 40's I had to stop running due to a back surgery. I'd love to say I feel like 45, but I don't. Kind of remind myself of my day some mornings or nights getting in or out of bed LOL

/ You Know You Are Old When #473  
I'm pusshing 60 and the biggest question is when I'll get my shoulder replaced. Been putting if off for 10 years now as the doctor tells me I'm a bad candidate for it because I can get by and deal with the pain. Late 40's I had to stop running due to a back surgery. I'd love to say I feel like 45, but I don't. Kind of remind myself of my day some mornings or nights getting in or out of bed LOL
My wife does not feel pain like most people do. It's pretty incredible. Bad cuts in the kitchen. Hot pan burns. Twisted ankle. Not a peep. We're going on 45 years together and I've only seen her wince twice.... both times during childbirth! :ROFLMAO:

The drawback of that is that since she does not know what it's like to be in pain, she's a lousy nurse with little empathy for others in physical pain. Get up you whimp! 🙃

/ You Know You Are Old When #474  
Ooo, I forgot about my late father in-law. My wife gets it from him.

He got his knee replaced. Dr. told him to do therapy, for example, 3 sets of 10 twice a day. So he'd do 6 sets of 10 four times a day. Overdid it by day 2 or 3 and had to go back into the hospital for corrective. 🙃

/ You Know You Are Old When #475  
How does your brain feel?

/ You Know You Are Old When #476  
Honest to goodness I'm 63 and don't feel older than 45. (knock on wood).
Good for you! (y)

I'm 62, and I don't feel the same as I did when I was 45. I had to switch from a treadmill to an elliptical for exercise, due to knee and hip pain. I spontaneously developed shoulder pain, and I've incorporated some physical therapy exercises into my daily routine to help keep my shoulders working more normally.

I used to do some horseback riding lessons and training on the side. I would periodically get a call from someone whose riding had deteriorated to the point that they were afraid to get on their own horse, and they wanted me to come and fix the problems. In my 30s and 40s, I found that to be invigorating. These days, I would never mess with it. I've also learned that I don't stick to a horse as well as I used to, so I need to do more sedate riding.

I still feel pretty good, and I can still do about anything I want to do. I just have to be more careful about how I do it and for how long.

/ You Know You Are Old When #477  
I have a high tolerance for pain. I can't count the number of times I have cut or gouged myself and only noticed it when I see blood all over whatever I'm working on. I Had a large, nearly red hot washer fall into the cuff of a glove years ago. Yeah, it smarted a bit, but wife of the driver who's truck I was working on though I should go to the ER. I peeled of the blistered skin and taped a hunk of paper towel over it and kept working. It was completely healed in six weeks. Still have the scar to prove it.

/ You Know You Are Old When #478  
60 is still visible in the rearview but fading. I can still paint the town red but that second coat is going to take a while longer.
To deal with this I've invented the greatest labour saving device known to humanity, TOMORROW!
Don't do today what you can do tomorrow. It allows you to rest today and it leaves you something to do tomorrow. It's real beauty is when tomorrow becomes today and you can keep on resting.
But really, so much stuff that seems important really isn't.
I have a neighbor who is constantly reorganizing and cleaning his barn.
Never throws anything out and moves things from one shelf to another. Most of the stuff he hasn't used in years and the rest he can't remember what the part, dohickey or whatever came from or is for.
But in his mind he's working hard.
His Grandkids have already said when they inherit the dumpsters will be there the next day to haul away Pops treasures.
I've spent the last decade plus decluttering my life by minimalizing the clutter.
I don't waste endless days fixing old junk or fretting about getting things done.
The roof don't leak (if it does I'll call someone) the fridge is full, the cars run (I'll call a mechanic if they don't) I garden and cut the grass to get some sun (not because it's a job).
I don't polish old crockery or tinker endlessly with the carb. on an old tractor.
Look up, see the bigger world.

/ You Know You Are Old When #479  
I think I've mentioned that I have a very specific memory of sitting in a classroom when I was 8 years old in 1969, thinking about how far away the year 2000 was...

The year 2000 was 24 years ago. :oops:

The thought was 54+ years ago.

/ You Know You Are Old When
To honor Toby Keith (who just passed) and for those of us who are getting older but still believe we can do what we’ve always done - albeit a tad slower —- here you go: