You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #741  
A waitress Like this would serve you well.

tatoo.jpg

/ You Know You Are Old When #742  
We used to put nose rings on hogs to keep them from digging holes and man, how they would squeal.

I wonder if the kids squeal when they get theirs.
Yup. First thing I think of when I see a pretty face sporting a nose ring is this:
Hog Ring.jpg

Hog Ring3.jpg

A pretty face with a hog ring in her nose bothers me a lot. Can't understand why a girl would mutilate herself that way. One of the tellers in the bank I use wears one; I refuse to deal with her and wait until another teller is free.

/ You Know You Are Old When #745  
Here's a really interesting read on immigration past and present. Worth the time to read it.

My grandparents came over in late 1800s/early 1900s as children. They pretty much got on a boat and showed up.
Yep! My forefathers on my moms side of the family were indentured servants that came over on a boat that just showed up. The name of the boat was the Mayflower.

/ You Know You Are Old When #746  
Yep! My forefathers on my moms side of the family were indentured servants that came over on a boat that just showed up. The name of the boat was the Mayflower.
Forefathers on both sides of my family were on that same boat. The locals welcomed them, helped them get established, supported tthem through a first rough winter and taught them about raising corn.

How did that work out for them?

/ You Know You Are Old When #747  
I remember as a young lad in the early 70's how it seemed that every other boy was related to Daniel Boone.

/ You Know You Are Old When #748  
Yep as viewership declines...

Been at least 6 months since I turned on the TV...

Once you step away and come back the stream of commercials is glaring.

Somewhere I read the big automakers are foregoing Superbowl ads...

Remember when people actually wanted to watch Budweiser Superbowl spots and they had some great ones...
Haven't had cable or the ability to view channels for 35 yrs. When I stay in a hotel and turn on the trick box I understand why.

/ You Know You Are Old When #749  
Never lived in a home with anything but rabbit ears...

When cable arrived it was $7.95 mo and dad told the guy signing up the neighborhood better things to do with a hundred dollars than spend it on the idiot box and that was that.