You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,491  
You know what's funny... fireworks were illegal to use in Ohio back then, yet you could buy them there. I think the store was in Lima, perhaps?

Remember years back here when you could buy fireworks in Indiana as long as you signed a paper saying you wouldn't use them here?

Then they legalized them, as the loophole was pretty stupid.

I read somewhere that since the legalization in Indiana, fireworks related injuries went down.
Until only a few years ago Ohio fireworks purchasers had to sign the "I won't use them in Ohio" form. That's gone now but there is still the local option to ban their use.

No one listens anyway and July 4th in Ohio is wall-to-wall fireworks. If it's not too dry one neighbor sets off the equivalent of a small town fireworks display over his fields. Exploding rockets and sky high missiles. Most towns also have a display if not too dry and with the flat ground you can see them for miles.I also think injuries are down with fewer restrictions.

/ You Know You Are Old When
#1,492  
You know you are old when you bought the first John Sandford Prey series book when it was released.

It’s hard to believe but that first book was roughly 35 years ago.

Just finished book #33.

As the song goes:

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,493  
You know you are old when you bought the first John Sandford Prey series book when it was released.

Just finished book #33.

As the song goes:

Released in 1976!

Steve Miller 80 years old!

/ You Know You Are Old When
#1,494  
Released in 1976!

Steve Miller 80 years old!

Yep.

Going back to the start of this thread, Frank Sinatra would be almost 110 years old.

Bing would be a little over 120 years old.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,496  
This reminds me of a number of years back around Christmas time at work. Someone brought in CDs with old classic recordings of Christmas songs.

After a good while, one of the younger female employees had reached her breaking point. She yelled out, "These are all dead people! You're listening to dead people!"

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,497  
You had to pay by the number of people in the car so.

We used to sneak in the back on foot and meet the car or ride in in the trunk.
It's been probably 50 years since I've been to a drive in, but I always recall them charging per car.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,498  
It's been probably 50 years since I've been to a drive in, but I always recall them charging per car.
Our local drive in charges by person. And they have an Outside Food Policy of $15 per car that they give you a permit for. If you share food with another car, the other car must have a permit, too. If they find you have outside food without a permit, you have to either cough up $30 or be ejected. They make a lot of their money on concessions and need it to stay open.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,499  
Might have varied by establishment, or local custom. I know the one we'd go to in the 1970's/80's charged by the head.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,500  

Just finished book #33.

As the song goes:

Still have the first book of the "Prey" series and getting ready to start his last prey book... We have all of them on the shelf.