Your last generator Maintenance Run

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,231  
The generac app is ok as far as a basic monitoring device. Personally I like my GenPi unit better. You will need to add battery backup to your wifi router for this to be any use.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,232  
We had a scheduled 6.5 hour "maintenance" power outage last night.

I just ran my Honda inverter generator, it used about 3 qts of fuel...

SR

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,233  
We had a scheduled 6.5 hour "maintenance" power outage last night.

I just ran my Honda inverter generator, it used about 3 qts of fuel...

SR
Sweet…

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,234  
Ran mine the other day. Since retrofitting with a new voltage regulator board (generator is early 90s vintage and the old massive capacitor finally started bleeding out) and cleaning up some connections it starts and runs flawlessly. Topped off the tank: can't recall the last time I did this- a 7.5kW diesel is about as miserly a fuel sipper as there is. Now all set for Fall/Winter.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,235  
It's hard for me to believe any generator can run over 6 hrs on less than a gallon of fuel, even lightly loaded.

But those small Honda generators are just plain amazing!

SR

Last edited:
   / Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,236  
I’m probably the only person I know with the 1000 Honda Inverter.

Always getting positive comments because it is so quiet and it really does sip.

Just the right size for 95% of my portable jobs…

That said most of the general public wants a generator to run EVERYTHING and doesn't realize 1000 Watts isn’t going to come close… at least here in the city.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,237  
I have two Honda inverters, a 2000 and a 2800, I was running the 2800 above.

My brother had an old 850 watt Honda generator that he liked a lot, it was just a little thing but it worked well.

SR

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,238  
The generac app is ok as far as a basic monitoring device. Personally I like my GenPi unit better. You will need to add battery backup to your wifi router for this to be any use.

Is there any other option than the Generac app for Evo 2 ?
I added an outdoor access point, and have decent reception at the generator site, the built in Generac WIFI works fine, but there is limited functionality to their app. I’d love to see the load, voltage and frequency when it’s running.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,239  
The Genmon has a work around for the evolution 2 block for 3rd party monitoring. Hands down better than mobillink.

if you work thru their forum they describe how to build your own, if your familiar with raspberry pi junk, or you can buy complete prebuilt unit. No monthly fees. Great info.

07482DF1-03AB-494A-9132-7BBCB84C37BF.jpeg

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,240  
Just installed a Generlink switch on my powermeter and got a Duromax XP12000EH portable generator as my standby setup. Totally manual hook up, did 2x 1.5h break in runs and change the oil twice. From now on I will do a testrun and check it monthly.