Your last generator Maintenance Run

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,331  
On Generator soundproofing:
Enclosing the area (shed ) with old carpeting will help greatly.
If the generator is outdoors, diverting the exhaust (flex tubing ?) into a bucket sized hole will greatly deaden the sound to the point you'll hear the clacking valves.

Best of the best is an all concrete enclosed shed.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,332  
Propane boils at -43 f. So it absolutely won't work below that as it doesn't have enough heat to boil to the gas we actually use (or pressurize the tank for things like propane forklifts that use liquid propane). The closer it gets to -43, the bigger the tank you need for it to absorb heat from the air to keep boiling. Or get a tank heater.

0 issues with our 500 gallon tank for home heating here in Colorado which occasionally hits -20. Around here burying a propane tank is more of an asthetic choice than a functional requirement. Probably a requirement in colder climates.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,333  
Nice to see. The only interaction I have had with them was when I couldn’t find my key. So I contacted them and bought a new key switch. It arrived, and I think the very next day I found my old key – lol!
LOL, that's how I have accumulated so many tools.
I also learned to have all mine inscribed so as to prevent wandering.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,334  
D8843912-8A3B-464B-8039-5576953BFF1B.jpeg
After I built my garage and consolidated all my tools in one place I had this. This wasn’t limited to pliers only🙄

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,336  
Oh, oh. Obsessive Hoarding Disease.
more likely just a very good mechanic...

one of life's little pleasures is having exactly the right tool for the job

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,337  
Ya, but if you have 4 of the exact right tools for the job…..thats hording

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,338  
Ya, but if you have 4 of the exact right tools for the job…..thats hording
If you have 4 exact same tools that's not hoarding, that's 1 for garage, 1 for horse stable, 1 for truck, 1 for kitchen drawer, 1 for garden shed...wait...that's 5! Need 1 more

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#5,339  
Big Chuckle..... seeing a bit too much of myself in these recent posts....

90 - That pic is very valuable. My better half stopped asking a long time ago, but for the guys (or gals) who haven't attained that level of domestic harmony......

"See honey, I'm not that bad".

Yet 😁.

My last Uncle living on the paternal farm, said when he decided to sell, that he was getting pretty tired....... putting on miles, walking between the original drive-shed, the "new" drive-shed, the garage, the barn, and the house and vehicles, looking for tools.....

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,340  
For a while I maintained 3 sets of basic tools.
-at work
-at home
-at cottage
Mainly because: 1- fed up carrying back and forth, 2- always missing something or other.

LOL, I'm now retired and everything is at the same location but I'm still looking for 'that' tool.
It used to be that I'd recall exactly where what tool was but now days I sometimes even forget what tool I'm looking for, and LOL, wonder what I needed it for or why I'm there.

Age happens!