Your last generator Maintenance Run

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,772  
now I'm curious, what voltage range do you get with three phase power brought into say a small factory. 480V?

grid is quivering from over use here, voltage is down, every a/c unit ever made is likely running, almost 100 out right now.

another curious question, what electronic parts fail first when exposed to double normal voltage? Rectifiers? In a surge protector it's a MOV, a varistor dies for our sins.
but if no surge protector, what gives out first? As an old Heathkit builder, I wonder, a resistor, a capacitor? or with IC's, is it some new weakness?

Attachments

• IMG_1151 (1).JPG
    IMG_1151 (1).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
   / Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,773  
Fema alert. Tennis ball thru golf ball sized hail, expect up to 1-1/2” of rain, up to 70 miles per hour wind heading into my area next 30-60 minutes. Crap.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,774  
Lethal and devastating at the same time…

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#5,775  
Fema alert. Tennis ball thru golf ball sized hail, expect up to 1-1/2” of rain, up to 70 miles per hour wind heading into my area next 30-60 minutes. Crap.
How did you come thru that ? Much damage ?

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,776  
The storm split and went around us… thank goodness. Others not so lucky. Lots of tree damage, destroyed cars, houses and roofs destroyed. Power outages all over. Not 10 miles away there were 70 mph winds and hail. We had a breeze. Very odd.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,777  
Those cells very unpredictable...

Have you experienced hail caused generator service calls?

I've seen cars where every inch looks like a baseball bat beat it.

My only hail experience was when Oakland had so much it turned white just like snow... people could not navigate driveways and school buses couldn't make it up to the high school because of the several inches blanketing the ground.

In Austria I have one skylight in the loft and it tips for cleaning and also has a retractable hail screen... first ice heard of such a thing... locals said very important...

#5,778  
The storm split and went around us… thank goodness. Others not so lucky. Lots of tree damage, destroyed cars, houses and roofs destroyed. Power outages all over. Not 10 miles away there were 70 mph winds and hail. We had a breeze. Very odd.
Lady Luck smiled on you (y)

I've commuted primarily North/South for decades.... always amazed me how much variation in even normal weather happens over short distances.....

Rgds, D.

#5,779  
I've seen cars where every inch looks like a baseball bat beat it.

In Austria I have one skylight in the loft and it tips for cleaning and also has a retractable hail screen... first ice heard of such a thing... locals said very important...
I've seen one car here that bad.... pretty startling the first time you see it, partly because the dents are fairly uniform.....

Left-Coast and anything frozen H2O related.... you don't want to be in Vancouver when it snows......

Not surprised to hear about that in Austria..... Ounce of Prevention.... but hadn't heard of that being done either......

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,780  
We dont have much in the way of hail damage up where i live. This is a rare event for us. Never bern on a hail damaged generator service before.