Your last generator Maintenance Run

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#6,362  
I don't know how (other) people here are so negative to our power company. I heard today that there's over 1100 tree with lineman crews working this storm. That's more than the terrible ice storm of 1998.
My hat's off to them.👍
Even under normal (non-storm) conditions, there is a large amount of work (that many people have no clue about) required to keep a distribution-grid healthy.

It ^ is the Emperor Has No Clothes story, that has been hitting Cali for years, and likely Hawaii in that last disaster..... as we race towards an All Electric-Only future.....

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,363  
I only install factory air and oil filters. But I buy in bulk, so prices are very reasonable for me. I’ll purchase 100 of each at a time. Also purchase bulk sparkplugs and batteries at huge savings.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,364  
My girls….just doing a scheduled workout today 🥴 Happy New Year
IMG_9823.jpeg

Last edited:
#6,365  
My girls….just a scheduled workout today 🥴 Happy New Year
View attachment 841925
Good lookin' Red Heads there (y)

No Green Bows for the holidays ? :cool:

Best Wishes to Everyone, for a Healthy, Prosperous, and Safe 2024 ! (And - Easy Starting Gens, of course !).

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,366  
Most of our outages our on purpose as preventative during periods of hot, dry and high wind.

That said a new PGE rate hike is to speed up undergrounding.

In my area PGE has been replacing cross braces and guy wires very aggressively plus transformers from the 1950's are being changed out to prepare for electrification...

Utility now encourages home generators and provides incentives...

#6,367  
At least there is no pretense, about where your grid is heading.....

As pretty much everything out your was has been outlawed, what are you being ordered to run a generator on fuel-wise ?

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,369  
Most of our outages our on purpose as preventative during periods of hot, dry and high wind.

That said a new PGE rate hike is to speed up undergrounding.

In my area PGE has been replacing cross braces and guy wires very aggressively plus transformers from the 1950's are being changed out to prepare for electrification...

I thought they were outlawing non carb certified generators in California. Are there new generators available that meet the new carb standards?

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,370  
Im sure only a matter of time until the incentive only applies to back up battery banks.

I thought they were outlawing non carb certified generators in California. Are there new generators available that meet the new carb standards?