Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,081  
My favorite towing discussions are when the individual doing the towing only talks about the towing rigs HP.
It’s like they dont even care about brakes, GVWR, GCWR, etc. which is much more important.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,082  
Gee I wonder why there are mandatory safety meetings in almost every company in America, many daily? Saying something where there is a problem might not be popular but it MIGHT help to keep an accident from happening.
A bunch of self-proclaimed safety police in a forum aren't really comparable to a company safety meeting. Making that comparison is ridiculous. If you really think that your role here is similar I guess nobody is going to dissuade you, but just know that a good portion of forum members find it tedious and a waste of bandwidth to chastise others in an Internet forum.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,083  
A bunch of self-proclaimed safety police in a forum aren't really comparable to a company safety meeting. Making that comparison is ridiculous. If you really think that your role here is similar I guess nobody is going to dissuade you, but just know that a good portion of forum members find it tedious and a waste of bandwidth to chastise others in an Internet forum.
I did not know that giving advice to avoid problems was taboo on a forum. Silly me.

Safety has a lot to do with one's attitude. If reminders were never needed, repetitive meetings would never occur. Posters, warning stickers, meetings, tag out locks would never be needed. We would just claim everything is, "tedious and a waste of bandwidth to chastise others in an Internet forum."

The best part of a forum is the ignore button. If I am such a pain to you you can always use it.

And if one person learns something from the safety police, as you have branded me, and does not get hurt nor hurts someone else I am OK with that.

Have a good day.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,084  
I personally don’t mind if somebody points something I’m doing wrong if it’s safety oriented. It can get out of hand though.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,085  
I personally don’t mind if somebody points something I’m doing wrong if it’s safety oriented. It can get out of hand though.
Especially when it's why would you use straps not chains? If the straps are rated for the load they are fine. But some on here say they are not. 2 of my straps at straight pull ( Half of rated capacity ) is more than my tractor weighs. So 4 is plenty secure.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,086  
I for one, appreciate any and all safety pointers. I try to do everything safely and I do research how to do something if I'm not sure. However, sometimes I miss things or do something that would seem to be obvious so I don't research it.

How many of us received info on how to chain down the tractor to the trailer when we bought the tractor?

I bought a chipper and picked it up 150 miles away. I took lots of straps and some cardboard corners. Still lost 4 straps (one at a time due to cuts) on the way home. I should have taken the chains I have. We learn from our experiences. My Dad was a big proponent of "Learn from other people's mistakes because you'll make enough of your own."

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,087  
24 foot gooseneck and 2015 Chevrolet 3/4 ton gas engine. Hauling two tractor s for my wife and I to help another couple clean up ten acres they just bought.
the bigger Mahindra 1538 is actually my wife’s tractor lol.

I love the IH!

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,088  
03 1500Hd and a 16ft 14k PJ LP Dump. This fit my xj2025h and 4ft rotary cutter.

That's a nice truck, and it looks to be in awesome shape, keep it as long as you can. 😂

I had an '03 1500HD a while back and I absolutely loved it; I'd bought it off Craigslist sight unseen and it ended up being a rust bucket. That said, it ran great, and is arguably the best truck I've ever owned. The only thing that could top it is the '18 RAM 1500 I've got right now, and if I could trade it for an essentially brand new 03-04 15HD I probably would.

I loved that truck.

2013-12-24 09.04.31.jpg

A branch fell on it two days after I bought it, because why not.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,090