YT235

/ YT235 #1  

Pinch

Tractor
JD950, Kubota L4610, Kubota B2620
I've been reading some horror stories about the YT235. Do you think Yanmar has sorted these out? Everything I have read is from a few years ago.

/ YT235 #2  
Friend of mine has a YT235 HST cab that he bought 3 years ago and has about 300 hours on it and has had no problems whatsoever. I have owned a YT359C with the IHMT transmission for 4 years and have had no problems either. Having owned 3 kubotas over a 24 year period and then bought my Yanmar this is the best tractor I've ever owned in my life puts the kubotas to shame as far as quality and workmanship and reliability is concerned and a much stronger tractor all way around

Last edited:
   / YT235 #3  
I've been reading some horror stories about the YT235. Do you think Yanmar has sorted these out? Everything I have read is from a few years ago.

Do you have any specific examples of problems with the YT235? Yanmar diesels have a reputation for being bulletproof.

/ YT235
I googled it and found a few threads so "horror stories" was an exaggeration. The more I read, the more impressed I am by Yanmar. I have a 1979 JD950 which was built by Yanmar. It has been and remains a good machine. I guess my only concern is there are not a lot of dealers in my area. Yanmar shows a few dealers within a reasonable distance but they either do not sell the larger series (SA only) or they are not well established. By that I mean they have not represented Yanmar for very long. The dealer I am talking to is a few hours away.

Kubota and Kioti are nearby. Just thinking about parts and service.

/ YT235 #5  
Pinch,where about do you live in Pa.,I live in south central Pa and their are about 5 dealers in my area.

/ YT235
Hi Blue14, I'm in SE PA, in Bucks County. I've been talking to Hines Equip which I think is around you.

/ YT235 #7  
Hi Blue14, I'm in SE PA, in Bucks County. I've been talking to Hines Equip which I think is around you.
Hines is just to the west of me and Smith Farm Equipment is in Newport,thats who I bought my 359C from and then there is B&R Farm Equipment in Milroy and Beavertown and Rovendale Ag and Barn in Watsontown also Eckroth Equipment in Orefield and New Ringold also Shanks in Chambersburg. These dealers I mentioned I talked or visited all of them except for Hines before buying my tractor. Hope this helps and good luck in your search.

/ YT235 #8  
I have the YT235C 78 hours no problems
except it keeps getting dirty can't keep it
clean as it sits out side for now working on
building it a house to sit in. This tractor is
so easy to work with will never trade it

willy

/ YT235 #9  
Yanmar dealers are growing as Yanmar is
branching out. They want good dealers
ones that you can depend on!
The Yanmar name brand tractors are new
but have built tractors for JD for over 20 yrs

willy

/ YT235 #10  
Yanmar dealers are growing as Yanmar is
branching out. They want good dealers
ones that you can depend on!
The Yanmar name brand tractors are new
but have built tractors for JD for over 20 yrs

willy
Yanmar has been building tractors for over 50 years. They were out of the US market due to the JD deal.